Fishing lake Burk

I going to lake Burk 1st week of June for Smallies. I have never fished the lake before can anyone give me pointers on where to fish at on the lake and what lures to use that time of year on the lake? Thanks for your help!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Will188 View Post
    I going to lake Burk 1st week of June for Smallies. I have never fished the lake before can anyone give me pointers on where to fish at on the lake and what lures to use that time of year on the lake? Thanks for your help!
    I’m not familiar with Burk lake where is at?

3. Member
    Burt maybe????

4. Member
    I’m sorry guys it is Burt lake. Any help would be great-full

Get a flogger...

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

6. Member
    Personally- I much prefer Mullet Lk. Don't be afraid to pull the boat out and spend a day there... you may like what you find. There is a little bit more "defined structure" on mullet and usually suites out of stater's a little more to their fishing style. Burt is great, but the numbers and ability to break down a lake goes to Mullet. You will have a great week anywhere you fish up there!

7. dartag1829
    Crooked and Pickerel are also good lakes if it is windy on Burt / Mullet. . Might be early but a guy told me the bay from Petoskey to Harbor Springs in unreal when the smallies spawn. Only problem is the wind blows a lot. Look on Google Earth there are lots of small lakes around there.