Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    My point with this is he didn't do it with the Bucs he did it with the guys who he played with for years from NE. I would rather him gone to a team on his own and not with his hand picked crew. Then that would show how good he is.
    Trying to think who he brought with him, well there's Gronk who is on the downslope, he seems to be good for one or two good receptions a game, but he's not what he used to be. Then there's AB, who didn't play this weekend.

I'm not seeing where he brought a bunch of superstars from NE down to TB.

2. Member
    Undisputed GOAT
    Proverbs 3: 5&6

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Trying to think who he brought with him, well there's Gronk who is on the downslope, he seems to be good for one or two good receptions a game, but he's not what he used to be. Then there's AB, who didn't play this weekend.

I'm not seeing where he brought a bunch of superstars from NE down to TB.
    YEP ^^^^^ How was Tampa so special prior to him arriving? They had some decent pieces, but weren't world beaters.
    Proverbs 3: 5&6

My point with this is he didn't do it with the Bucs he did it with the guys who he played with for years from NE. I would rather him gone to a team on his own and not with his hand picked crew. Then that would show how good he is.
    Are you sure your talking about Tom Brady and the Bucs ? ??? I am so confused .. he brought Gronk in ? Are you counting AB that he practiced with twice and forced the ball to a bunch in one game ? Who is the rest of the team he brought with him ?

5. Smallmouth Junkie!
    The Bucks were not even close to getting to the Super Bowl until Brady showed up. He has led a team to 10 Super Bowls! Just try and let that sink in. No other QB will ever come close to it.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystonekiller View Post
    "More likely than not"
    One quote from de-flategate. Hard to root for a confirmed cheater. Hard to give him credit, he has a stain on his name. Stats wise a goat.

You can win a thousand times. Cheat one time and you will always be known as a cheater.
    LMAO
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859

7. Member
    I think the fair way to ask this question is would the Bucs have gotten to the SB w/o Brady but with BB as coach? After looking at that defense and the talent on offense, I think that BB would have got them to SB with any average NFL QB. In fact, Tom played like an average NFL starter yesterday. I actually lost a lot of respect for Tom when he bailed on his teammates to find an "all-star" roster to play with in Tampa. I know these are professionals and he owes the coach and owner nothing but the bond with teammates is still important IMO. It is kind of a silly question anyway since it takes a great QB, coach and roster to win a SB, even if your only great for a short streak (see Doug Williams, Joe Flaco, Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles, etc...).

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    I think the fair way to ask this question is would the Bucs have gotten to the SB w/o Brady but with BB as coach? After looking at that defense and the talent on offense, I think that BB would have got them to SB with any average NFL QB. In fact, Tom played like an average NFL starter yesterday. I actually lost a lot of respect for Tom when he bailed on his teammates to find an "all-star" roster to play with in Tampa. I know these are professionals and he owes the coach and owner nothing but the bond with teammates is still important IMO. It is kind of a silly question anyway since it takes a great QB, coach and roster to win a SB, even if your only great for a short streak (see Doug Williams, Joe Flaco, Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles, etc...).

Brady purposely took less salary than market value for years in NE so that other players couod be signed. The main paid his dues....literally.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Brady purposely took less salary than market value for years in NE so that other players couod be signed. The main paid his dues....literally.
    Yep. He did this several times.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

Ahhhh more cluelessness checking in lol Bailed on his team ?.. You know they offered Tom 1 year 13 million before he left right .. Take it or GTFO was the offer and he took the GTFO option that The Pats left him with ... after he put them in the super Bowl 9 times and gave them 6 championships .. never being the highest paid player in the QB position in his entire career in New England ..add to that he took pay cuts to spread money around the team ..name some other QBs who have done that for as much money as Tom has? ... But he bailed on them.. it’s like CNN started covering sports lol

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    This is his 10th super bowl. Yeah keep telling yourself he’s not that great. Lol! The damn GOAT and it’s not even close.
    Yep, Tom Brady has played in like 18% of all the superbowls ever played, thats crazy. Most players are stoked to get there once.

12. Member
    Brady needs to be more like Roland Martin and have his own song! Greatest American.......

Jesus ....... dumbest post of the thread

its like the old days again.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

Quote Originally Posted by yanknbass View Post
    its like the old days again.
    Well with Rude gone, these Brady discussions just aren't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Ahhhh more cluelessness checking in lol Bailed on his team ?.. You know they offered Tom 1 year 13 million before he left right .. Take it or GTFO was the offer and he took the GTFO option that The Pats left him with ... after he put them in the super Bowl 9 times and gave them 6 championships .. never being the highest paid player in the QB position in his entire career in New England ..add to that he took pay cuts to spread money around the team ..name some other QBs who have done that for as much money as Tom has? ... But he bailed on them.. it’s like CNN started covering sports lol

You gotta cut him a break, he only became a football fan about 15 seconds after the Super Bowl ended last year...

Why isn't the Bucs coach getting any credit here? I would say it stands to reason, he had to manage getting everyone on the same page this year for the SB run.

Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Why isn't the Bucs coach getting any credit here? I would say it stands to reason, he had to manage getting everyone on the same page this year for the SB run.

Arians is way underrated as a head ciach. All he does is turn teams around. Damn shame he had to wait so long to get his first head coaching job.a few years back with Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Tom gives him lots of credit I am still on the fence about him as I won’t claim I know his history for more than this year .. He seems to love highlight reel deep bombs and big plays .. not sure if that’s the best fit for Tom but it seems to work out for the most part .. I prefer old steady Tom who will kill you with a thousand paper cuts with one or two good shots down field mixed in .. way to stressful with for me with three failed run attempts then a bomb to pick up first down lol

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Well with Rude gone, these Brady discussions just aren't the same.
    Can I assume that is NOT a complaint? no doubt he still thinks PFM is better. roll:
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345