Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Good advice here. As stated we spend thousands for boat and electronics do it right the first time thank you all.

The housing ground is for corrosion purposes only. Most likely not needed but could also save ones butt in a warranty situation. Better safe than sorry.
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

3. Member
    So the chassis ground is needed or no, the chassis ground is not needed..the screw for that is listed as “letter C” on the parts included diagram does not come with the kit, like it says it does..so you have to go find a crazy size screw that you will probably have to special order..i am not really sure what to think about this system anymore other than Garmin LS may have been a better choice..seems to me that Lowrance has dropped the ball on this thing ever since the announcement that it was coming out..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

Quote Originally Posted by Triton03Vance View Post
    So the chassis ground is needed or no, the chassis ground is not needed..the screw for that is listed as “letter C” on the parts included diagram does not come with the kit, like it says it does..so you have to go find a crazy size screw that you will probably have to special order..i am not really sure what to think about this system anymore other than Garmin LS may have been a better choice..seems to me that Lowrance has dropped the ball on this thing ever since the announcement that it was coming out..
    U serious? Cause of a screw

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    U serious? Cause of a screw
    Yes..i am serious..the kit says the screw is included, so why is it not in there..i don't think you can run down to the local hardware store and find one the right size..i would think for $1500 the screw that shows to be included, would actually be included..also, why don’t they mass produce some units and THEN offer it for sale..seems to me that they got the cart before the horse on this deal..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

Yes..i am serious..the kit says the screw is included, so why is it not in there..i don't think you can run down to the local hardware store and find one the right size..i would think for $1500 the screw that shows to be included, would actually be included..also, why don’t they mass produce some units and THEN offer it for sale..seems to me that they got the cart before the horse on this deal..

7. Member
    It took me all of one minute to find a screw in my spare screw stash that fit.
    ciao,
    Marc

m4.jpg

Behold, the super rare, and hard to find, M4 Metric button head.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangeric79 View Post
    m4.jpg

Behold, the super rare, and hard to find, M4 Metric button head.
    Something so rare must go for a premium price! lol

10. Member
    Most do not use the chasis ground on the garmin either. Doesn't affect how it works
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Brewerbass View Post
    Most do not use the chasis ground on the garmin either. Doesn't affect how it works
    Well kinda. Many do use the chassis ground on the Garmin. Garmin has said to ground it if you are experiencing interference and see if it clears interference up. Most installations do not need it connected. If I recall its technically a water ground, but for some reason it does help clear up interference issues in some cases. I have mine hooked up, just did it from the start.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12