1983 Black Max 200 2.4 serial number 6392691 Not getting fuel to cylinders

Been resurrecting my 83 2.4. Sorted out wiring, spark issues and trim. Tried to start today. When I prime the fuel bulb I hear fuel going to carbs with cowling off. Motor wants to run when cranked but can’t. If I pump bulb continuously fuel runs out of top left carb opening. Pull plugs. Bone dry. New plugs. No oil , fuel etc...I am thinking on this motor only thing left could be fuel diaphragm. Have spark on all six. Any other issues cause no fuel to got to cylinders on these motors?
    Thanks in advance
    Tom

2. Member
    check pump diaphram for holes or just replace it prob needs one anyway , might better check inlet needle or float on those carbs , wasnt this mtr set up for a while ?
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Motor sat for years. Has a Sierra or Atwood fuel bulb that is pumping fuel, can see it come out of front of carb when pumping. But bulb does not hold pressure. Going to replace bulb and 3/8 line from bulb to motor too with Mercury/Quicksilver. And do fuel diaphragm to cover all bases. I had disregarded the lack of firmness in bulb when I saw fuel moving to carbs. Forgot about need to keep pressurized.
    Tom

4. Member
    if you havent been thru carbs id do it (sat for years )
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Like Joe said,thoroughly clean the carbs. Even if there is fuel in the bowl,it still has to pass through the passages in the carb body. Dried out fuel has probably clogged those passages. Check the floats for floatation and level,clean the needles and needle seats,there should not be any fuel leaking from the carbs,I’m sure you know that, need to figure out why the needles aren’t closing. While you’re in there,I’d check the reeds too,I would replace them with Don’s TDR reeds,no need in taking a chance with those old metal reeds.