Weather seal for bilge compartment lid?

Have a 2016 Cougar FTD. Bilge compartment lid has no seal around lip,just a trim piece. Anybody put a seal around the edges to keep water out,basically from getting all over batteries and electrical stuff? Any drawbacks to doing this?
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

That’s the way it’s designed as are most boats, as it’s a bilge area and water drains into it.

3. Member
    If ya want a seal, not sure, just go to parts store for the item. Sell it by the foot. I cant see how it would hurt anything personally

Yes, I understand this, have had to replace a couple of breakers,I'm guessing because they are constantly getting wet and really no place to tuck them up under anywhere.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

I bought the L trim from the BassCat tore and installed it on my Sabre FTD. Hard as hell to shut the lid now, but it works. Trimming the screws on the piano hinge (on some models) makes a difference. I located a 1/2” seam at the back of the compartment so the water will drain in one spot. That’s the only real complaint I have about my BCB. When I wash it and flood the carpet it makes a mess of the bilge area because it drains onto the batteries, into the trays, on my oil reservoir, my battery charger, everywhere. The L trim directs it to one spot. Way better.
    Seal the bilge with a trim lip, and install a drain port. Please BCB.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"