Thread: Trailer recall

Trailer recall

I would like to be able to check the pins myself that is part of the recall. Could some one point me or picture me on what to check? I have a zxr21 and didn't get a notice. But just would like to know where to look. Thanks

2. Member
    What Recall? Where is that info?

3. Member
    Its the slider pins which secure the brake caliper assembly in position over the brake rotor could become loose under normal operating conditions allowing the brake caliper not to function as designed and cause loss of control that could result in a crash. That is what recall letter says.

4. Member

5. Member
    Hope mine is not on list. Just wanted to keep an eye on it.

6. Member
    You can check them yourself easily if the boat is not on the trailer. One minute job, unless one is loose, then 5 minutes.

If it is, it's still easy. You just have to crawl under each corner and look.

I had a caliper actually come off my 2020 ZX200. Heard it backing out of the driveway. Pulled back in, jacked up the trailer and put it back on. Lucky I heard it in the yard. Reported it to my dealer. I'm sure, I and others like me, are the reason for the recall.

7. Member
    This has been happening since 2014 nothing new. While your at it check the Torx axle torsion nut that hold axle hub assembly on. This has been also known to get loose!