Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Foods that tear up my stomach...a possible solution!

This is going to sound strange. But, when I eat some foods, I get tremendous stomach gas. An hour after eating I am repeatedly belching and this can go on for a few hours. If it is really bad, I'll get acid reflux after a while. Anything with tomato sauce, especially with chunks of tomatoes, as well as salads and potatoes, will trigger it. So will BBQ and a few other things. So, when I am going to eat these foods, I take a couple over the counter gas pills, which help somewhat. Then, a little later I'll take a Tagamet if the acid reflux starts.

The other day my wife bought some of this banana pudding. It has a graham cracker crust and the little vanilla waffers on top. It's REALLY good...it should be for $10.00!

R0ccd13c567bfaa4513d719cdd006916c.jpg

We have had it for dessert for 3 nights in a row. The first night we had spaghetti sauce that had chunks of tomatoes. I took a couple gas pills and never had any belching or acid reflux. That was strange. I usually get a little burping, even with the pills. The next night we had burgers and a big salad. I purposely did not take an gas pills...not the first belch. Normally, the salad would have torn me up. Finally, tonight we had take out. I had a chili dog and fresh cut french fries. This meal would have normally meant hours and hours of belching and acid reflux...not a single problem.

There is something about Patti LaBelle's banana pudding that has cured my belching and acid reflux without taking any meds! I don't know what is going on and I don't care! It's just great to be able to eat what I want without problems.

My wife is going to try making homemade banana pudding just like this and see if I have the same results or not. I hope so! Banana pudding may be my magic elixir!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Member
    It sounds like you are sensitive to nightshade vegetables and have a very common reaction. Bananas, on the other hand, are a natural antacid. So, it seems logical that the banana pudding would settle your achy gut.

3. Member
    avoiding trigger foods is an option
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

4. Member
    Thats strange, a lot of times a banana will give me gas.
    Maybe it was the pudding that soothed your stomach. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

5. Member
    Gall bladder might be the problem.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

6. Member
    Wouldn’t worry about it too much. Your diet will have you 6 feet under in no time.. lol
    2015 189 trx

7. Member
    Try taking some probiotics it should help.

8. Banned
    For me pepperoni triggers terrible heartburn and acid reflux, brown beans terrible gas and cramps. I'm good with all other foods and drink, but I avoid those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher View Post
    avoiding trigger foods is an option
    No, it’s not...especially BBQ!

Quote Originally Posted by jml View Post
    Gall bladder might be the problem.
    I don’t have a gall bladder. I had it out about 30 years ago.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Tell you wife to try a little sugar in the spaghetti sauces. This helps cut the acid and helps a little bit with those. If you are going to eat things that cause you problems take the tagament right after eating. Don't wait then you won't have to suffer for the 45 minutes it takes to start working.

11. Member
    Man I suffer from the same deal. Caffeine is my trigger. It’s an awful, gnawing, burning, turned nonstop for hours belching. I’ve had 4 endoscopes, ultra sound, etc to try to figure out any issues. Turns out there is a difference between indigestion and reflux. I kept telling them I didn’t have reflux but they would keep telling me it was silent so they were trying to treat that. Turns out I just had to cut out coffee and it improved 90%. Elimination of the trigger was my key. Wish I had an alternative cause I love coffee...decaf is my lot in life apparently.

12. Member
    Pizza give me the farts that would make a sailer blush.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Scott View Post
    Thats strange, a lot of times a banana will give me gas.
    Maybe it was the pudding that soothed your stomach. LDS
    Same here. They give me sulphur butt the next day (you know, the silent deadly ones).

Jeff, have you tried eating fresh banana after a trigger meal? Might be easier that having pudding on hand. I wonder if the potassium might have some effect?

omeprazole

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    This is going to sound strange. But, when I eat some foods, I get tremendous stomach gas. An hour after eating I am repeatedly belching and this can go on for a few hours. If it is really bad, I'll get acid reflux after a while. Anything with tomato sauce, especially with chunks of tomatoes, as well as salads and potatoes, will trigger it. So will BBQ and a few other things. So, when I am going to eat these foods, I take a couple over the counter gas pills, which help somewhat. Then, a little later I'll take a Tagamet if the acid reflux starts.

The other day my wife bought some of this banana pudding. It has a graham cracker crust and the little vanilla waffers on top. It's REALLY good...it should be for $10.00!

R0ccd13c567bfaa4513d719cdd006916c.jpg

We have had it for dessert for 3 nights in a row. The first night we had spaghetti sauce that had chunks of tomatoes. I took a couple gas pills and never had any belching or acid reflux. That was strange. I usually get a little burping, even with the pills. The next night we had burgers and a big salad. I purposely did not take an gas pills...not the first belch. Normally, the salad would have torn me up. Finally, tonight we had take out. I had a chili dog and fresh cut french fries. This meal would have normally meant hours and hours of belching and acid reflux...not a single problem.

There is something about Patti LaBelle's banana pudding that has cured my belching and acid reflux without taking any meds! I don't know what is going on and I don't care! It's just great to be able to eat what I want without problems.

My wife is going to try making homemade banana pudding just like this and see if I have the same results or not. I hope so! Banana pudding may be my magic elixir!
    Omeprazole a life saver!

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin555 View Post
    Omeprazole a life saver!
    I took Pantoprazole for my hiatal hernia for many years until my daughter in law, a pharmacist, recently told me that Pantoprazole and all of the PIP inhibitor drugs ending in “zole” have been linked to dementia. So, my Doc switched me to Famitodine, which is the prescription form of Pepcid.

16. Banned
    I been having stomach problems like you...Went to the Dr. Thursday with stomach pain and gas...She put me on Pantoprazole been 3 days and feel much better.She said acid reflux and possible ulcer from years of aspirin taking.She recommends no aspirin,pop,coffee,spicy food,tomatoes and fried foods for awhile.

Have a appointment Feb 22nd at the GI clinic to see what's causing my problem.

Does the pudding contain any papaya?

18. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    Take the everlywell food sensitivity test that you mail in and you'll know the science of what you shouldn't eat.
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

19. Member
    Sounds like a good way to justify some nanner puddin.

Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    Wouldn’t worry about it too much. Your diet will have you 6 feet under in no time.. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast