Tungsten Weights for livescope

I was watching a video and this bass fisherman gave tips for livescope . One of them caught my attention. He said tungsten weights would show up better than lead because of the density of tungsten is harder and the sonar bounce back better on harder surfaces. Maybe I need to use tungsten slip shot on my crappie setups. Anybody has seen this and use tungsten weights?

2. Member
    Interesting. I have no idea. Yes tungsten is more dense, but a 1/8 oz weight of tungsten would be smaller, so the reflective surface would be smaller.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Interesting. I have no idea. Yes tungsten is more dense, but a 1/8 oz weight of tungsten would be smaller, so the reflective surface would be smaller.

Yes go to 4 minutes and 10 seconds.

4. Member
    I have both, regular 1/4 oz lead egg sinker above jig is easier for me to see than tungsten.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pab1981 View Post
    I have both, regular 1/4 oz lead egg sinker above jig is easier for me to see than tungsten.
    Ok thanks. What size jig you use below 1/4? Not worry with weight above jig weighing more?

6. Member
    I use anything from 1/64 to 1/24 underneath the egg sinker rig. You have to kind of pitch it out right or it tangles but not a big deal, you will see it on the Livescope if it fouls up. I am still lazy and use split shot above sometimes though, it will foul too. I would prefer to just fish a 1/4 oz jig with no weight above but they won’t always eat the bigger profile.

7. Member
    Haven't tried these jigs yet but you might be interested in them. Something similar to what you are looking for. https://www.crappie.com/crappie/main...cope-eye-jigs/

8. Member
    Hey guys, If your units are dialed in, density does not matter. We are the largest supplier of Tungsten products in the US and have tungsten split shot. My front unit will show the weight, bait and knot on my dropshot rig on the fall. Tungsten has its advantages but a properly tuned unit will show it all. I'm running a Helix 12 mega di on the bow with mega 360. Our schroom heads have a #1 and #2 hook also for a smaller profile.
    Www.ecoprotungsten.com
    Sponsors(Eco Pro tungsten,Lews,Strike King,Gamma,Hayabusa Hooks,Mercury Pro team, Super Stick push poles,VFX Custom Wraps, BuckNBass,TackleWarehouse,Elite Rod Sleeves,Bobs Machine Shop, JB Custom Rods,Reynolds marine, BassFishinElectronics )

9. Member
    Never ending promotion of tungsten over lead my thought I don't have LS but panoptix and can see small lead split shots on my line.
    Last edited by Treeguyus; 01-25-2021 at 03:30 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I wouldn’t discount it. In this case, size does not matter lol. Denser targets produce a stronger return. Much in the way a hard bottom or rock shows up setter than mud or wood. The denser tungsten weight would plausibly show up better. I don’t use them so have no real world experience. I use something much much much smaller in my terminal gear and it lights up like a Christmas Tree.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry