Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    We have a Dyson hand held and it is the worst handheld we have ever owned. We don't even use it anymore.

2. Member
    Look at some of the actual reviews of Dyson’s on YouTube. Ones where the guys actually test with particle detectors and such. Miele is the best brand and actually emits zero or near zero particles. Dyson’s have horrible leakage and spew dust and allergens everywhere.

Last edited by DoctorJJ; 01-23-2021 at 09:08 PM.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

Quote Originally Posted by ironoutlaw View Post
    So my wife's birthday is coming up and she actually requested a high dollar vacuum. I know I know, never buy your wife a vacuum for her birthday....it's really what she wants.

We've bought cheap ones over the years and they get stopped up with hair and never last more than a couple of years.

I'd personally want a cordless one but do they work as good as the corded versions? I know this is a man forum but we're mostly all married and all have houses. What does your old lady use?
    $350 dyson lasted 8 months.. warranty was a joke. If you want to take a stab at fixing it (red light of death) you can have it for free..just pay shipping). I'll never own a dyson product again. We replaced it with the LG, we have two of them now (one for here and one for the lake). It was like $500 but worth every cent as it does well on uneven floors etc. They sell it at costco..idk where she got it..i just pay the bill. https://www.costco.com/lg-cordzero-c...100432890.html

4. Member
    Miele makes the best canister out there. Many last 15-20 years if you don’t trash them. If you have carpet you need the 228 or 236 power head to do a good job. The bare floor brushes work better than the combo brush for bare floors. The Homecare models have a longer warranty and come with extra tools. I would stay away from Dysons and Sharks.
    Cordless vacuums are good for bare floors and maybe a few throw rugs. Expect the vacs to last from 3-5 years before you need another battery. Sometimes the replacement batteries cost over half a new unit.

Check out The lightweight uprights from Riccar if you don’t need tools on board. They clean very good and weight in at 10 lbs. Good on pet hair.

Most people have both bare floors and carpet in their home. Generally the canisters work best on bare floors , and uprights work best on carpets. There really aren’t many vacs that do a great job on both types of floors. Figure out what is most important to clean the best and go from there. The very best option might be one of each style.
    Last edited by Hammerdn; 01-23-2021 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Add more info

Have had a rainbow for nearly 20 years. There's nothing better.

6. Member
    We got a Dyson V 11 outsize when we moved into our new house earlier this year and that thing is the most impressive vacuum cleaner. It’s cordless but has power equivalent to a corded vacuum and it has interchangeable batteries so you never have to worry about running out of juice.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    Look at some of the actual reviews of Dyson’s on YouTube. Ones where the guys actually test with particle detectors and such. Miele is the best brand and actually emits zero or near zero particles. Dyson’s have horrible leakage and spew dust and allergens everywhere.

So correct, I recently had to try and find a belt for a carpet cleaner and being naturally chatty spoke with several nice owners at about 3 or 4 vacuum shops here which ended with them all saying they do not like the Dysons, or the other well known cannister brands even though several were Dyson and Shark repair shops. They all said while Bag less seems great they just allow to much small dust and particles to pass through. After they said that it made sense to me as I used to do drywall work and we would never run a shop vac without a high efficiency bag to catch all that dust.

Miele - ours is going on 12 years and still like new.

I like the Dyson and their cordless ones are nice also.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

10. Member
    No problems with our Dyson Animal for past 15 years
    Bass Boat