Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I wouldn't rule out Pittsburgh as a landing spot.
    I might be wrong but I don't think pittsburgh has 43 million for a starting QB next year. Big Jen is guaranteed 21 million next year whether he plays or not.

I don’t blame him. Detroit has a new coach every three years at a minimum and they have been a disaster. Needs to make a change and get with a better organization before he gets too old and beat up.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogchunker View Post
    Seems to be par for the course with the Lions ruining greats. Barry Sanders would hold the rushing yards record and probably many more but retired early because the inept owners and management could not build a team around him, then Megatron Calvin Johnson did the same. Unbelievable WR, retires early after burning out with the hapless Lions org. Usually I hate guys asking to be traded but I will give Stafford a pass, since he did not completely burn out after playing for them to the point he just wants to retire and give up on football.
    Last edited by vafishing; 01-23-2021 at 11:14 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    Panthers
    I second that!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerww View Post
    I second that!
    could be a good fit
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

7. Banned
    Should also be interesting to see what Detroit sets his trade value at. I wouldn't think Stafford will come cheap.

8. Moderator
    Some say a first round pick plus is what they'll be asking.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    You might want to do some more research.
    Stafford is one of just 8 QBs to throw for over 5,000 yards in a single season. Reaching 30,000 career passing yards in an NFL record 109 games, 40,000 yards in an NFL record 147 games, and 3,000 completions in an NFL record 125 games.
    All this while playing with a shit team. He's a great q just never had time to get rid of the ball or have a running back to mix up the passing game. Pretty easy for the opponent to guess what the next play is when t b ey know damn well that you can't run the football 3 yards on a 3rd down

10. Member
    On local Charlotte radio that the Panthers want him.

11. Member
    I would say that "the some that say a first round pick plus" for Stafford are delusional. Good quarterback, but way past his prime. He's got 2, maybe 3 years left. Only teams that are desperate to win now, would even consider that kind of price tag. The only person I could think of that would be stupid enough to make that trade would be Bill O'brien. What a train wreck that guy was. And that's coming from a die hard Browns fan LOL

12. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    To bad Pittsburgh just signed Haskins.
    For what he is worth, imo, the Steelers could also pick up Stafford and let you-know-who sit the bench.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    I would say that "the some that say a first round pick plus" for Stafford are delusional. Good quarterback, but way past his prime. He's got 2, maybe 3 years left. Only teams that are desperate to win now, would even consider that kind of price tag. The only person I could think of that would be stupid enough to make that trade would be Bill O'brien. What a train wreck that guy was. And that's coming from a die hard Browns fan LOL
    For teams that are built to win now, a first round pick is a bargain for him. The colts prime example. They immediately go to a real threat for a super bowl with him. They have a stacked team, just missing the QB. Now I’m not saying they go straight to beating the chiefs, but he’s a huge improvement over rivers.

14. Member
    He's gonna look good with a horseshoe on his helmet!

15. Member
    About half of Stat Padford's career stats are from garbage time. (team way behind, defense not letting you score too fast) That said, best Lion QB since ever. Folks- 1 playoff HOME win since the year i was born. (1957) That is nearly impossible in this era. Not for the Lions though....
    Wave Therapy

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    You might want to do some more research.
    Stafford is one of just 8 QBs to throw for over 5,000 yards in a single season. Reaching 30,000 career passing yards in an NFL record 109 games, 40,000 yards in an NFL record 147 games, and 3,000 completions in an NFL record 125 games.
    I'm just a casual football fan at best so with that in mind, let me ask how much of that yardage was gained against soft coverage because they were playing from behind? My general impression of him is that he has pretty good skills but he's not a great clutch player. Any truth to that? If they needed a score in the final minutes, he didn't seem to deliver. Could be wrong there, that's just my impression.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by detroit1 View Post
    About half of Stat Padford's career stats are from garbage time. (team way behind, defense not letting you score too fast) That said, best Lion QB since ever. Folks- 1 playoff HOME win since the year i was born. (1957) That is nearly impossible in this era. Not for the Lions though....
    You made the point while I was typing up the question above.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Wonder who will pick Stafford up? Patriots, Houston, or the Bears.
    Saints

19. Member
    Matt Stafford has made so much money since being drafted it is insane. No titles, no big playoff runs. Bye bye.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

20. dartag1829
    Isn't like buying a car and taking over the payments. Us Michigan people are used to disappointment. They will hire another QB pay him Millions and be a last place team. We just hired the Future X Coach and GM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast