AquaView on a Carbon12

Has anyone hooked up an aqua view to a carbon?
    how good is the image?
    Would it be better on a live?
    or should i just run the little 7” monitor?

I have thought about doing this as well. My biggest problem is I don’t think I want to see the fish laughing at me cause I can’t catch them.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    I have thought about doing this as well. My biggest problem is I don’t think I want to see the fish laughing at me cause I can’t catch them.
    This is EXACTLY why I’m considering.....i just wanna see them laugh at me

4. Member
    I have it on my Hds lives and had it on my carbon units. I love it at the console. Lowrance makes a cable that connects to power cord and then into power port with a video output attached . The Aqua view will have a power box to turn camera on.

I've had a Marcum 825 connected to my HDS units since it was first possible, I think with the Gen 2 touch. It's a MASSIVE improvement over the standard screen of the camera unit itself. With the introduction of the Carbon and Live, the resolution and the ability to view the image in sunlight and from all angles is amazing. Considering the price of a video adapter cable ($50?), it's one of the best upgrades I've ever done.

Last year I bit the bullet and upgraded my camera system from the Marcum to the new AquaVu Pro HD for two reasons - HD camera, and the HDMI connection ability on the Lives. Wow, what a difference. It is like the change from the old 4:3 standard to HD on your TV. The video quality is pretty incredible, and you can display it in combination with any screen on your Live unit. No bulky camera screen, and no battery system to have to charge or go dead, the module is hardwired into the boat and connects direct via the HDMI cable. I have the camera on a spool that's easy to access and drop into the water.

I used the camera system a lot when I first adapted it for open water use, and it definitely taught me a lot about what I was seeing on my sonar compared to what was actually down there. There were a few "A HA" moments for sure. I found myself using it less and less as time went on due to the hassle though. The new AquaVu took away the hassle and really got me back to using the camera more, it's an invaluable tool when pre-fishing for tournaments, especially on lakes I don't have a ton of experience on, and it's a great way to pass the time if you're fun fishing, especially with kids or new fishermen. And of course, it's a pretty incredible setup for ice fishing too.

Waxy

6. Member
    Good to know.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    I've had a Marcum 825 connected to my HDS units since it was first possible, I think with the Gen 2 touch. It's a MASSIVE improvement over the standard screen of the camera unit itself. With the introduction of the Carbon and Live, the resolution and the ability to view the image in sunlight and from all angles is amazing. Considering the price of a video adapter cable ($50?), it's one of the best upgrades I've ever done.

Last year I bit the bullet and upgraded my camera system from the Marcum to the new AquaVu Pro HD for two reasons - HD camera, and the HDMI connection ability on the Lives. Wow, what a difference. It is like the change from the old 4:3 standard to HD on your TV. The video quality is pretty incredible, and you can display it in combination with any screen on your Live unit. No bulky camera screen, and no battery system to have to charge or go dead, the module is hardwired into the boat and connects direct via the HDMI cable. I have the camera on a spool that's easy to access and drop into the water.

I used the camera system a lot when I first adapted it for open water use, and it definitely taught me a lot about what I was seeing on my sonar compared to what was actually down there. There were a few "A HA" moments for sure. I found myself using it less and less as time went on due to the hassle though. The new AquaVu took away the hassle and really got me back to using the camera more, it's an invaluable tool when pre-fishing for tournaments, especially on lakes I don't have a ton of experience on, and it's a great way to pass the time if you're fun fishing, especially with kids or new fishermen. And of course, it's a pretty incredible setup for ice fishing too.

Waxy
    Do you have the Aqua-Vu Pro Open Water Package? What kind of spool do you have to deploy the camera? Thanks.

Yep, Multi-Vu Pro open water.

it’s on a simple hand spool intended for an electrical cord. Allows it to stow away neatly and makes it easier to control the length you’re letting out. The included spool has the battery box as part of it, so it’s on the big and awkward side. One of my goals for this off season was actually to come up with an even more convenient and permanent way to store the camera so it was always quickly available. I’d love to have it on some kind of power “winch”. That would be the ultimate setup.

Waxy

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Yep, Multi-Vu Pro open water.

it’s on a simple hand spool intended for an electrical cord. Allows it to stow away neatly and makes it easier to control the length you’re letting out. The included spool has the battery box as part of it, so it’s on the big and awkward side. One of my goals for this off season was actually to come up with an even more convenient and permanent way to store the camera so it was always quickly available. I’d love to have it on some kind of power “winch”. That would be the ultimate setup.

Waxy
    Not sure if this would work for you:

https://www.aquavu.com/product/704