my new 2021 Vexus 181

The Vexus dealer in Bedford, Ill just took me out on the water to see if everything worked before letting me take it home. I have had over a dozen crappie boats and have been searching for many many years for the perfect panfishing boat. This is it! First let me say my dealer was terrific, not that the boat didn't have some problems, but he took care of them and myself like I was family. I had a Ranger 178 crappie boat and I felt it was about the best on the market until I sat my butt in my 181. We tested it on fairly rough water on the river and it cut though the water really smooth for the conditions. I feel moving the gas tank forward helped with the draft and getting on plane. We didn't open it up full throttle because of break in requirements but I could tell the hull design made moving through the water easier for the boat. I will give a report later after break in.
    The boat is loaded with most all of the possible upgrades, but upgrades can be put on any boat. The performance, layout, and quality of finish is what really impressed me. I put a Mega 360 depth finder on my Ultrex and used the universal sonar and a Helix 10 for down imaging at the bow and a SI Helix 7 on the dash. Really like the spot lock.
    Now I know this isn't what at least 90% of you want but I put a Mercury Command Thrust 60 hp to power the boat because it is about 100 pounds lighter than a 75 and seems to have the thrusting power of a 70 hp. Even though we didn't open it up on the test drive I can tell you I am very pleased.
    I think the fiberglass storage compartments will function better than any boat I have ever had, storage looks like it will keep the water out and will be sturdy and easy to clean. My only complaint is that I bought the boat before Vexus did the review of the 181 and it looked like it had a front live well because it had a spray head and drain in the area a live well would normally be found, so I was expecting a functioning live well. When we took it for the test drive of course the live well didn't work because the plumbing was optional. Without the optional live well installed water will back flow through the drain line and put water in your storage unit. I don't think Vexus is aware of this problem. Here's where a reputable dealer comes in, Bedford Sales said you felt the front live well was included so they are installing the optional plumbing package at their expense.
    To summarize, it is the boat I have always wanted, in every way, and couldn't find, with the exception of the live well which is being taken care of. I will give a more detailed report after a few times on the water.

2. Member
    Congrats on the purchase

3. Member
    Awesome! Congratulations!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

4. Member
    Congrats on the new purchase! I see you live in Heyworth IL. I imagine you fish Clinton Lake quite a bit. With the power plant keeping the water warm hopefully you're able to get the new boat out soon.

5. Member
    Congrats!! Enjoy your boat.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

Where's the pictures

7. Member
    Congrats.

8. Member
    I hope to pick the boat up this next week, waiting for options to be installed. If I can figure out how to do pictures I will and yes the boat will be on the water in Clinton soon after I get it, can't wait to tell you about it after break in particularly.

9. Member
    I just bought the same boat. What kind of speeds are you getting with your boat running the 60hp?

10. Member
    Congrats

11. Member
    Congrats! Randy and Jenny Miller just bought Bedford sales and are awesome people! I never dealt there when Sam owned the place but I know Randy personally and know he will make the place a top notch dealership! I ordered a VX 21 from him, just waiting for it to be built and delivered. Get us some pics when you get it picked up
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

12. Member
    Congratulations on your 181 !!!
    I’m sure you will love it. Please post some updates and pics once you get on the water. Although I’ve not been on the water in a 181, I have crawled all over one. I really liked it, and feel it is a perfect boat for me too. In late February, I ordered one through Tri County Marine in Granite Falls NC. They were great to work with. So my wait has begun. Hopefully the weather is breaking in Illinois and you can have some great days on the water.
    Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy !!!!!

13. Member
    Any updates?