Boat Serviced during freezing temps

Dropping off my 2018 Ranger Rt188 with Yamaha SHO115 for service next week and looks like the temps will dip into low 30s upper 20s. My boat is kept inside of our climate control garage and used pretty much year round. Last time I fished was about a week ago and the live well, bilge plug has been pulled / empty since then. I always tilt my motor to the full down position before trailering home from the lake and also store it in the level position when not in use. My question is should I be concerned about the freezing temps and leaving Her sit out in the cold a couple days? I will have the cover on it but otherwise it’s exposed. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Member
    What is the chance you could take it in the day it will be serviced and then pick it up when finished?
    I would think the shop would drain the motor before putting it back outside, but you could ask about it.

3. Member
    One word answer - No !

4. Member
    You will be fine, keep the motor tilted down

I've had my water pressure gauge freeze after they did a tank test and moved the boat outside. I installed a valve to purge the line but you'll have to ask them to use it if you're concerned about it.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

6. Member
    My Skeeter Bass Boat has always been In an unheated barn every winter. It get as low as negative 5 degrees at time inside the barn. I have never had any think freeze and break. I just do the normal things and it's fine.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

I would run rv antifreeze through the livewell system. A couple of years ago Mine was in for service and it got cold. The livewell control froze. Didn’t know till I used it a few times and I kept having water in the bilge. Small crack was letting water in from the drain.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    I would run rv antifreeze through the livewell system. A couple of years ago Mine was in for service and it got cold. The livewell control froze. Didn’t know till I used it a few times and I kept having water in the bilge. Small crack was letting water in from the drain.
    This might be a good idea. Your motor should be OK, especially if they service the lower unit the day you bring it in.
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    I've had my water pressure gauge freeze after they did a tank test and moved the boat outside. I installed a valve to purge the line but you'll have to ask them to use it if you're concerned about it.
    This^^^. If you don’t do this, your gauge will freeze and need to be replaced.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    This^^^. If you don’t do this, your gauge will freeze and need to be replaced.
    Just reach up under your dash and pull the line off if you are worried about it.
    GETFISHED !!!

11. Member
    Appreciate all the info. Mine does not have a water pressure gauge so should be good there. I was thinking about some RV anti freeze in the live well so will probably add some just to be safe. I assume I probably should run the pump for a bit go make sure it’s circulated. I’m supposed to have it there first thing in the morning tues so hoping they can get knocked out same day but I understand they are super busy.

12. Member
    If you're concerned you could buy a little RV anit-freeze and pour it in your livewells and bilge area. As others said, keep your motor tilted down. You should be fine.