Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    How useful are the semicircle blades?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    I'm cheap, I bought a $20 one at menards for doing my stairway about 4 years ago. It worked fine and has been collecting dust in its soft sided bag ever since.
    OP made a good choice. I'm with you trimmer. I bought mine for 20 at Harbor when they first showed up locally. Got 20 years out of it on the job and it's still like new. Found a great deal on blades on eBay last year and have a lifetime supply for what the big boxes sell 3 or 4 blades at. Don't care how much you spend on the blades they don't last long. Better to buy in bulk and have a sharp tool as needed.

3. Member
    I'm on my third one (Makita LXT, so probably never have to buy another). Most recently bought a 60 pack of blades off AMZ @ $1.17/ea, I go through them at a good pace remodeling. They work great in wood and plastic but keep them away from nails and 'crete.

4. Scraps
    Very handy. Seems like the only tool for a bunch of different things.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    Bought Ione at harbor freight for like 20 bucks, man I have used that thing a lot! No reason to buy the dewalt model.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    I'm cheap, I bought a $20 one at menards for doing my stairway about 4 years ago. It worked fine and has been collecting dust in its soft sided bag ever since.
    I got the Tool Shop one myself. It has worked great. I actually have bought a handful of the Tool Shop stuff when I’ve needed something that I didn’t want to dump a bunch of money on. I wouldn’t buy their cordless tools but the rest seems solid

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    Very useful. Excellent for inside corners . They also don’t get as hot as fast because there is more surface space to dissipate heat. The metal version is what I cut stuck toilet bolts with.

the round bi metal dewalt blade , and the Rockwell precision cut blade are my two favorite.( just don’t hit a nail with the precision blade or it’s garbage. I generally by the assorted box of Rockwell’s and individual round dewalt blades.

I own the one from Fien, anniversary gift about 10 years ago. Use it a few times a year. Loan it out about 4 or 5 times a year. Great for a ton of projects.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

9. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    I used them a bunch for cutting through plaster. My big project was plunge cutting holes into 10in base molding for electrical outlets. Pre-1930s house that had like three outlets on the first floor.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayLaw View Post
    Bought Ione at harbor freight for like 20 bucks, man I have used that thing a lot! No reason to buy the dewalt model.
    I looked at that. The really cheap one doesn't come with blades, and as you go up the HF models the price starts going up. I learned a long time ago that the stuff from HF is good if you don't go beyond its capabilities, but if you do they break. This first project of mine would tax the low power ones. I already have a Dewalt drill and the batteries are interchangeable. I found the model I got for almost half price so I decided to get one that will take some abuse.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12