Lifetime Annuity

Getting close to retirement.

I have 70% of my money in an annuity which I am getting a whopping 2.5%. The rest of my money for the year I have made 25%. My crystal ball failed me but I am still stitting good. I have not lost any money and did make some decent cash. The current annuity will finish up next year.

I am considering a lifetime annuity with Fidelity. They offer a great plan. You give them the money and they pay you a guaranteed an monthly payment for the rest of you life. I am looking for something that I do not have to worry about a crash that will take time to build my savings back up and this seems like a good way to do it. I would basically take some of the money which is currently in the annuity and role it into the lifetime annuity keeping a decent chunk in the market with the funds currently giving me my 25% return. What do you think?

https://www.fidelity.com/annuities/i...ities/overview

2. Member
    From looking at the information provided a 3rd party is issuing the annuity. I’m not real familiar with annuities but my first concern is what are the fees? Most annuities have very high fees that they don’t freely disclose. That would be my first question. I’d love to get 25% returns on my investments. Care to share what you’re in?
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

3. Member
    The only annuity I would buy is a short duration fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin273Stratos View Post
    From looking at the information provided a 3rd party is issuing the annuity. I’m not real familiar with annuities but my first concern is what are the fees? Most annuities have very high fees that they don’t freely disclose. That would be my first question. I’d love to get 25% returns on my investments. Care to share what you’re in?
    FAMRX
    FEMKX
    FTRNX

I retired last year and was going to go with the Life Time Annuity with my Insurance company Prudential but I thought I should shop around to see what else is out there so I looked at a Financial Planner ( Edward Jones ) and was impressed what they had to offer and how they invested my money. I decided to go with Edward Jones. I suggest you look at all your options. You worked hard for your money to be able to retire and now is the time to relax and enjoy.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    FAMRX
    FEMKX
    FTRNX
    I like the first 2 of the 3, and I have them myself with Fidelity.

May want to also CK these 3- FDEQX, FDFFX, FDSCX

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elozzi View Post
    I retired last year and was going to go with the Life Time Annuity with my Insurance company Prudential but I thought I should shop around to see what else is out there so I looked at a Financial Planner ( Edward Jones ) and was impressed what they had to offer and how they invested my money. I decided to go with Edward Jones. I suggest you look at all your options. You worked hard for your money to be able to retire and now is the time to relax and enjoy.
    Edward Jones loves American Funds. High front load with medium back end expense ratios. Also American Funds are not real diversified, holding the same companies in different funds.