Boudreaux’s Wish

Boudreaux was walking along the beach in Grand Isle and stumbled across an old lamp. He picked it up and rubbed it and out popped a genie. The genie said “OK, OK. You released me from the lamp, . . . blah blah blah. This is the fourth time this month some Old Cajun Dude picked me up and I’m getting a little sick of these wishes for catching the biggest tarpon at the rodeo, beating the boys at Pedro, eating the biggest, best po-boy ever, yada, yada, yada, so you can forget about three. You only get one wish!”
    Boudreaux sat and thought about it for a while and said, “I’ve always wanted to go to one of dem Carribbean islands, but I’m ascared to fly, and I get very seasick. So could you build me a bridge to Jamaica so I can drive over dere to visit?”
    The genie laughed and said, “That’s impossible! Think of the logistics of that. How would the supports ever reach the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico? Think of how much concrete . . . how much steel!! No, you need to think of another wish.”
    Boudreaux said “OK” and tried to think of a really good wish. Finally he said, “I’ve been married to Marie for 30 years and have four daughters. My wife and daughters always say I don’t care and dat I’m insensitive. I wish that I could understand women me . . . know what dey are tinking when dey give me the silent treatment . . . know why dey are crying . . . know what dey really want when dey say ‘nothing’ . . . ”

The genie said, “You want that bridge two lanes or four?”

2. Member

3. Banned