Thread: Hank

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    I'm 58, wil be 59 in April. Last vaccine I got was around 50 years ago. Probably in 3rd grade. Had the flu, maybe once, spent maybe 2 days sick in bed in last 50 years.
    Some who needs the vaccine can have mine.

Our healthiest and most in shape guy on our FD was the one most affected out of all of us that have had COVID. One of the younger guys too. He worked out daily, ate clean, ran marathons etc. He has been messed up for 2 months and might not ever be back to 100%. He can only go about 30 seconds on a treadmill befire he is out of breath.

2. Banned
    If I was locked in a room, and was giving 2 choices.....get covid, or get the vaccine, I'd choose covid. Maybe in 15 years, my decision would be different. I know 15+ people who had covid, a few in their late 70's, and they were fine.
    These vaccines were rushed, and I'll pass.

If I was locked in a room, and was giving 2 choices.....get covid, or get the vaccine, I'd choose covid. Maybe in 15 years, my decision would be different.

I had a mild case of COVID and will chose the vaccine. You see enough people you love die from COVID or run enough calls and see the fear in people's eyes as they struggle to breathe and know they will be in hospital all alone and you will change your mind.

Those ventilators have a way of making that tough talk go away quickly.

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    If I was locked in a room, and was giving 2 choices.....get covid, or get the vaccine, I'd choose covid. Maybe in 15 years, my decision would be different. I know 15+ people who had covid, a few in their late 70's, and they were fine.
    These vaccines were rushed, and I'll pass.
    Careful what you wish for. Like Mark I too seen some of our healthiest firefighters get pretty sick. I get my second shot in two weeks
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Careful what you wish for. Like Mark I too seen some of our healthiest firefighters get pretty sick. I get my second shot in two weeks
    Nothing scientific about this but do you and Mark think there’s any correlation for the severity that a number of them have experienced with their on the job exposure to smoke, airborne debris, etc?
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    I was using 10 percent for vaccine as a baseline. No one knows the number. That’s my point. We know the death rate of covid, yet we can’t know the death rate of the vaccine. Wish each of you the best that got it, hope you don’t have any complications. Same for folks who don’t get the vaccine, wish all the best. I would argue the death of anyone won’t say vaccine: so we won’t know. Take care of yourself and your family.

7. Member
    Mark, those who have fear to breath, what percent would you say have created the situation through personal decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by wiget10 View Post
    I was using 10 percent for vaccine as a baseline. No one knows the number. That’s my point. We know the death rate of covid, yet we can’t know the death rate of the vaccine. Wish each of you the best that got it, hope you don’t have any complications. Same for folks who don’t get the vaccine, wish all the best. I would argue the death of anyone won’t say vaccine: so we won’t know. Take care of yourself and your family.
    Kind of reminds me of Blake and his tournament win %. Just make up a number and go with it.

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    Nothing scientific about this but do you and Mark think there’s any correlation for the severity that a number of them have experienced with their on the job exposure to smoke, airborne debris, etc?
    Possibly but no studies indicate that may be the case. Our one guy who got pretty sick is an extreme health nut too
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

10. Banned
    If we only knew the "true" numbers...??? Never have, never will. Especially when gunshot victims are tallied as covid deaths. And yes, stories like that are 100% true.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    If I make it to 85 I'm not taking anything except the blue pill .

12. Member
    Fake news
    Red Sox in 6!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I had a mild case of COVID and will chose the vaccine. You see enough people you love die from COVID or run enough calls and see the fear in people's eyes as they struggle to breathe and know they will be in hospital all alone and you will change your mind.

Those ventilators have a way of making that tough talk go away quickly.
    You aren't kidding about not being able to breath. 2019 I had an allergic reaction to sandblast dust at work while I had bronchitis. The next week I had three episodes that I was told at the ER were 911 episodes. By the time I went to the hospital I was struggling to breath. They had to put me on the nebulizer mask with the steroids twice to open my lungs up and they put me on anti anxiety meds. The week after I was still struggling to keep my symptoms under control and ended up back in a clinic. That experience is all I need to know about the vaccine. Not knowing or believing your next breath is coming is no joke when your focus becomes breath to breath. As soon as it's available to me I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post

I doubt it...he is younger and has had way less exposure than the rest of us have had. Reality is COVID kills perfectly healthy folks and is severe in healthy folks. No rhyme or reason to it.

Mark, those who have fear to breath, what percent would you say have created the situation through personal decisions?

Not all of them.....I am telling you firsthand it kills with discretion. I fekt lucky mine was mild....after seeing what I have seen I am not gonna gamble my own health. I chose the vaccine. I want to give myself every chance to get through it again.

The vaccines also help make cases be less severe too should I get it again.

16. Member
    The vaccines also help make cases be less severe too should I get it again.
    Mark, if you get the vaccine, you should not get it again, correct? I just trying to understand this statement. Another thing I would like to ask, I understand Johnson and Johnson is coming out with a single shot dose, are all the shots based on the same science, and are they all just as effective, or is one better than the other? Last question, does it seem to kill more men than women in your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Mark, if you get the vaccine, you should not get it again, correct? I just trying to understand this statement. Another thing I would like to ask, I understand Johnson and Johnson is coming out with a single shot dose, are all the shots based on the same science, and are they all just as effective, or is one better than the other? Last question, does it seem to kill more men than women in your experience?

The vaccines currently out are 94-95% effective. Someone has to be that 5-6% that get it. I prefer to stack the odds in my favor of staying safe since I am exposed to it often at work.

From what I have read the J&J is a single dose but is only 70% effective. As for current 2 vaccines out I prefer Moderna. Seems less reactions, less issues with storage etc. I wouod happily take Pfizer if that is what was available.

18. Member
    I call BS on your statement.

Yes sir I do. People die all the time. Yet we are so focused on covid deaths, then we changed what is reported under those deaths. We lost about 600k people in 2020 than in 2018, yet we are so focused on covid. Agree with you folks will die all the time. I have several friends who are doctors. We have a culture problem not a pandemic problem. If folks took better care of themselves we wouldn’t be so susceptible to this. Most folks dying as you know have 2-3 major things wrong with them. Most can be prevented with healthier decisions. Yet we are quick to get a vaccine that has no history ca focus on what we need to do...be smarter with what we put in our bodies. . The history it does have is being kept from the public to make an informed decision. If you get the vaccine you have a 10 percent change of dying, if you don’t you have a 1 percent. Each person in the world has the right to know the numbers.

19. Member
    From what I have read the J&J is a single dose but is only 70% effective. As for current 2 vaccines out I prefer Moderna. Seems less reactions, less issues with storage etc. I wouod happily take Pfizer if that is what was available.
    I like the idea of a single dose, but I don’t like the idea of 70% when 95% is available. Thx for the information

Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    I call BS on your statement.

[/B]
    Since that would be 700,000 deaths by the vaccine (in USA where they think they have given 7 million out) I don't think it could be covered up. What you can find would be about 35 deaths total being investigated after the vaccine given to see if they are related to getting the vaccine.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast