wiring question...

just got a lithium battery just for electronics, shameless plug time- thanks Andy (Drewtick) 2- UHD93sv's and a Lowrance Ti2 9".... I do have a perko switch that shuts everything off (except TM batts)

question is this....
    Can I run a separate wire from lithium to perko switch, and have the perko switch act as cut off for the lithium, and not cause any harm/damage to my cranking battery?

Separate charger (MK 330D) for TM and cranking batts, all 3 are Sams grp 31's
    Currently have an 8awg going from perko to a blue seas fuse box + and neg over to crank batt
    Any help, comments and or suggestions welcome....
    Thank you in advance

Install another switch or a switchable breaker . How close is the added fuse box to the battery?
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    would be right next to it, same compartment

what size breaker if I went that route?

If you're wanting to run your electronics solely off of the Lithium battery, you'll need to remove the ground wire from the cranking battery and put it on the neg on the Lithium battery. There should be only the motor, the boat electronics (not the Graphs) and the auto bilge pump connected to the start battery. Now you can run the wires to the Blue Seas block for the graphs. You'll need an additional cut of switch for the Lithium. I'd mount it right next to your other one. You don't need an additional breaker as you are running fuses in the new block.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Member
    Thanks wmitch..