Thread: G Man

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. dartag1829
    Game Changer.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    He can wipe them down with his Do Do wipes while he is drinking his Black Rifle coffee.
    This man is a product selling machine...no doubt.
    By the way, he has only won ....1.... tournament in like 27 years.
    I can’t wait for this upcoming year and watch him flop around and tell his old corny worn out redneck jokes. Gotta love another P.T. Barnum type guy.
    I’m sure stores are running out of their 13 fishing reels now, it guarantees you a 67th place in every tournament, even if there is only 60 boats.
    He does have two aoy's where most don't
    Last edited by Triton bass; 01-22-2021 at 07:03 PM.

He can wipe them down with his Do Do wipes while he is drinking his Black Rifle coffee.
    I can’t wait for this upcoming year and watch him flop around and tell his old corny worn out redneck jokes. Gotta love another P.T. Barnum type guy.
    I’m sure stores are running out of their 13 fishing reels now, it guarantees you a 67th place in every tournament, even if there is only 60 boats.
    Jealousy is the most sincere form of admiration!

4. Member
    Dogfish, G Man may have some competition on stage this year from Matthew Robertson. Maybe Matthew will be sporting his fur coat!

He will definitely increase their sales numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Is that good or bad?
    Good, love my Burns....have been workhorses.

7. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton bass View Post
    He does have two boy's where most don't
    I assume you meant , 2 AOY?
    Very true he does, in 27 or so years you had 2 years that the pervebal,blind squirrel found a nut” happen.
    Swindle is best a club tournament hammer, nothing more than that. Nothing wrong in that either, I’ve seen and fished against those guys but that’s he best they can get. Gerald is just good enough to keep his status in the Elite series. Mind you he did not have to earn his way back in via the Opens. If he would have.....well he would still be fishing the Opens again this year to get back in.
    I guess people like him so much not for his fishing abilities but his corny jokes.
    But again he is the P.T. Barnum of bass fishing. What was it that Barnum said that is quoted often? “There is a fool born ever minute”

8. Member
    Is dogfish really Gman?

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

10. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    Trust me I have no “jealousy” toward him. I just find it puzzling that so many worship the ground he walks on and he is not that good. Where are those that would do the same for those that are good anglers. Mind you I worship no human....but the jest is the why?
    All he does well is being a pusher of products that pay him. Heck he probably knows some of that stuff is junk...but he will smile crack a joke and people are amazed at his wonder. How about winning more than 1 tournament every quarter of a century, then you might be taken as a good angler in your profession.
    KVD, yea I can see that. Jordon Lee, yea, the list can go on but a guy who has just 1 tournament win in 27years....no, I don’t see that. Of course I hope his family does but that another story for another day.

11. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by BASSBUZZ View Post
    Is dogfish really Gman?
    Now, now, no more Little Debbie cakes for you. We had an agreement!

G is a true gentlemen and the kind of person any company would want as their front man. Good for him. He works hard for his sponsors and is one of the most liked guys on the tour. My wife was on the Bass Tech TV show way back in the day, and I can truly say I have never met someone like him. We seen him a few years later and he never forgot her name and always takes the time to talk when we see him. He is a great ambassador for this sport. No matter what Dogfish says
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

13. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    G is a true gentlemen and the kind of person any company would want as their front man. Good for him. He works hard for his sponsors and is one of the most liked guys on the tour. My wife was on the Bass Tech TV show way back in the day, and I can truly say I have never met someone like him. We seen him a few years later and he never forgot her name and always takes the time to talk when we see him. He is a great ambassador for this sport. No matter what Dogfish says
    He is a good not a great ambassador for the sport, I have no issue with that. He seems to be nice, friendly and might even share some of his food sponsor foods with you.
    I’ve not said he was a bad person.
    But his fishing abilities is not even close to being top notch but yet everyone thinks he is this fish catching machine, which he is not.

P.S. I’m glad I didn’t start this thread, Al would be getting on me....AGAIN.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Originally Posted by basscat21
    He was with Quantum...

Thanks for asking Quillback I want to know if this is a Quantum Leap or not?

it depends.. were you moved? It was well produced , and i saw a tool in a man’s hand that can operate that tool..and gets payed to do so. Nothing more..nothing less..

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    Obsessed, is the term I would use it's like the man can't help himself when the GGG Gman is the topic

16. Member
    Dang!!! Lol

He is a good not a great ambassador for the sport, I have no issue with that. He seems to be nice, friendly and might even share some of his food sponsor foods with you.
    I’ve not said he was a bad person.
    But his fishing abilities is not even close to being top notch but yet everyone thinks he is this fish catching machine, which he is not.

P.S. I’m glad I didn’t start this thread, Al would be getting on me....AGAIN.
    So now a guy who has 2 AOY titles is mid tier? Swindle is one of the most consistent guys at that level. I am definitely not one of his fan boys, but he is way better than you are giving him credit.

I'm sure he would trade 1 AOY for 10 wins.

19. Member
    I assume you meant , 2 AOY?
    Very true he does, in 27 or so years you had 2 years that the pervebal,blind squirrel found a nut” happen.
    Swindle is best a club tournament hammer, nothing more than that. Nothing wrong in that either, I’ve seen and fished against those guys but that’s he best they can get. Gerald is just good enough to keep his status in the Elite series. Mind you he did not have to earn his way back in via the Opens. If he would have.....well he would still be fishing the Opens again this year to get back in.
    I guess people like him so much not for his fishing abilities but his corny jokes.
    But again he is the P.T. Barnum of bass fishing. What was it that Barnum said that is quoted often? “There is a fool born ever minute”
    describing and aoy as a blind squirrel finding a nut is a big stretch. Anyone can get lucky and win a tournament, it takes a ton a consistency over a year to win aoy.

As far as the 13 fishing gear, I’ve used some from a guide and wasn’t overly impressed, especially not the reels. But if he’s getting paid well good for him.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

20. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    So now a guy who has 2 AOY titles is mid tier? Swindle is one of the most consistent guys at that level. I am definitely not one of his fan boys, but he is way better than you are giving him credit.
    Did he qualify for this years Classic?
    How many Classic wins does he have?
    When he fished in the MLF, how many wins there?
    Mid tier meaning he is about 50’ish in the group?
    When did he win his last......and only tournament? Give you a hint......_ _ 11
    How many times does he even make the 3rd day of fishing, let’s forget the championship day.
    You may think he is mid tier, I do think he was better than he is now, but maybe then he concentrated on his fishing skills than selling a product.

YES, he has won 2 AOY, check out some guys who have also won it, some you may no even recognize. In 27 years of fishing you will stumble into some luck, the odds are in your favor.
    Yet, people really think he is this great bass fishing angler that has a somewhat cult following.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast