Karl's Bait & Tackle Membership

Anybody joined Karl's Klub? I'm wondering if it's worth joining, how much it costs to join, do you feel like you saved money by joining, and if you have to pay "dues" every year? It seems like a Costco sort of arrangement, and I don't belong to Costco. I'm wondering if "being a club" is a valid way to skirt around the manufacturer's mandated selling price...."Bob's Your Uncle", etc.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

2. Member
    Website says $49 a year. If you buy a decent amount of tackle throughout the year and not just during sales I suppose it’d save you some money

YIKES!
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Fishing BJs.....a costco?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Website says $49 a year. If you buy a decent amount of tackle throughout the year and not just during sales I suppose it’d save you some money
    $49 will buy 3-5 good crankbaits depending on what you get.

Have not done Karls, but I do have a Premium Membership at Omnia Fishing, only $29 / yr - http://bit.ly/OmniaPrem
    Free Shipping on all orders, no minimum
    10% rebate on all purchases
    exclusive sales & double point events

It has paid for itself and don't end up adding extra stuff to my cart to meet the minimum for free shipping so helps save on some extra impulse buys, which aren't always the worst :)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellaBass View Post
    Have not done Karls, but I do have a Premium Membership at Omnia Fishing, only $29 / yr - http://bit.ly/OmniaPrem

It has paid for itself and don't end up adding extra stuff to my cart to meet the minimum for free shipping so helps save on some extra impulse buys, which aren't always the worst :)
    I'll second the praise for Omnia. I've got no affiliation with them but I've always been happy with their pricing, shipping, and sales. Plus the premium membership saves a tackle junky like me money by not hitting "add to cart" to reach the free shipping threshold.

8. Member
    ..shipping

9. Member
    My kid talked me in to their membership. So we move, and have 4 deliveries sent to the old address. This is after updating online. Calling them and getting it updated, etc... I was hoping to have those lures for a trip but gave up. They won’t get my money again.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

I think they allow you a free trial for 30 days. They do not charge you the membership fee if you tell them prior to the 30 days is up. I tried it and it was good. Decent selection, fast shipping abd they often throw in free tackle to try out.

11. Member
    I tried the 30 day and they had several items I really felt was a good value, so I joined. Have ordered probably a 12-15 times from them, and it is all free shipping to members. Some good member deals all of the time that have paid for the membership in my opinion so I'm happy.

12. Member
    I don't know about this particular membership. I do have one here locally at an independent tackle dealer. It's $25 annually for 10% off everything except food. Includes sale prices too. I guess if my math is right I would have to spend $250 there this year to break even. The store will profit either way.
    GETFISHED !!!

13. Member
    Confirmed. OMNIA has great customer service & fast shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by HellaBass View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jigs N Frogs View Post
    Confirmed. OMNIA has great customer service & fast shipping!

Pretty good folks running it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    Anybody joined Karl's Klub? I'm wondering if it's worth joining, how much it costs to join, do you feel like you saved money by joining, and if you have to pay "dues" every year? It seems like a Costco sort of arrangement, and I don't belong to Costco. I'm wondering if "being a club" is a valid way to skirt around the manufacturer's mandated selling price...."Bob's Your Uncle", etc.

Do the math, compare the orders you have bought at your present tackle places with how much you would have saved if you belonged to Karl's Club, and see how long it would take to come out ahead after the $49 membership fee. I compared a recent small seven item order from Tackle Warehouse and Karl's did not carry any of the items. Karl's wouldn't work for me.
    2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS