Need new rear axle on my 2016 Z519

The trailing arm that holds my hub assembly to the spline shaft on the end of the torsion axle trailer (VIN 567RSBM20GF148721) slipped a month ago and all the teeth in the spline shaft and arms are wrecked so I need a new axle. Dexter offered to replace the axle and arms at cost (around $400) with no shipping charges but even though they said their working time is 14 days a month ago they haven't been responsive to any inquiries about shipping date/tracking numbers etc (they won't even return a call or email about it from my dealership). Was wondering what a good replacement option is for plan B.

2. Member
    Thanks Barry, I've seen that one and was wondering how do I know if that is going to fit the same way that my current axle does? I called Eastern to find out and he couldn't tell me other than to say that I had to take some measurements that I don't even exactly know how to do correctly.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Ranger dealers have an axle measurement printout sheet, Mike [explaining the measurement process and specs]. Your first post sounded like you’d met with your dealership already. Maybe they took measurements at that time, so perhaps check with them?
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    No the dealership just had me send pics of my axle and we were going to order a replacement from dexter based on what goes on my trailer. The boat is still sitting on 3 wheels in my garage and Dexter was supposed to send an axle 2 weeks ago but they haven't been answering the dealers requests for shipping confirmation or tracking numbers.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I’m going from what Ranger told me several days ago. Maybe it’s because they don’t want folks to get hit with big shipping, only to find out that the axle is 1/4 inch off, but they said they always measure first before choosing an axle. Sounds like Eastern Marine follows the same philosophy, but if Dexter is convinced they have the right replacement, the only remaining problem is getting them to ship it.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    Right, I just did my measurements and the Dexter replacement axle at Eastern Marine is within an inche. Parts department at Ranger said as long as everything is within an inch or two it should be ok as far as the precision of the measurements. The only thing I don't know is about the angle of the arm...the axle at eastern is 22 degrees down, not sure how to accurately measure that on my trailer.