I'm reposting this reply to Lakefork guy as a new thread because I think its where it should be to get more
views.....

I am from Pa. and I am currently in a tear down of my 04 225 honda to repair bad upper mounts. Quite an extensive job, my power head is on a hook in my garage now. The only alarm I was getting was from a problem with the o2 sensor with water getting to it from the small exhaust port on back of engine, I was the 3rd owner of my Ranger/Honda rig and when I got it was in its 5th yr of warranty and my dealor got the ok from Honda to do the Service Bulletin #56 repair on it which is stronger exhaust pipes with a relief port built in to each and an upgraded oil pan gasket, for some reason I had to pay for new o2 sensor. That cured alarms for me. I have been talking with Lake Fork Hondaguy by phone brainstorming his problem. As a result of my tear down 1 of my upper mounts was tore up the other one was a tad loose and was starting to fail. I checked my oil tube and it had no cracks what so ever. I asked my certified Honda mechanic if they ever heard of cracks in the oil tube and they said NO. I have about 400 bucks in my repair so far and saving a lot of $$ with sweat equity with the help of a couple buddies who are good with a wrench and work for beer... The only reason to do this job was when traveling to tourneys on the road buddies following my rig down the road telling me my motor looked like a bobblehead so decided that would be a winter project and so far so good....the rest of the story to be determined when motor is back together......

Just got motor back together last week and ran on the muffs and all seemed ok with no alarms or leaks let it run for about 15 min....when the weather breaks better here in Pa I'll get her in the water for the real test.