Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620

Livescope sleep mode

Is there a sleep mode for the livescope for when we pull up to make a run to another spot, so as to not over heat the livescope. Or do you just move to mapping on the garmin?
    Thanks all new to me

2. Member
    Hmm there's a pause button where you can pause the transducer. If I remember correctly you can also shut it off in the settings. But it would totally make sense to not have it running, when no livescope screen is open in order to preserve battery. I assume it is not sending when no livescope display is open. The only exception would be running it while running the quickdraw contours mapping.

3. Member
    I always turn my LS transducer off when stowing the troll motor and moving to another spot.
    From the LS screen hit Menu>Sonar Transmit>On-Off.
    Hitting pause will only pause the display.

4. Member
    I have a 126SV. I hit "Power", then "Sleep"

The LiveScope keeps pinging when you put the MFD in sleep mode. It also keeps pinging even when no networked MFDs are actively viewing LiveScope. If you want it to stop, you need to use the disable sonar button from the power menu. This is similar to behavior of other networked sonar devices like the GCV20 and previous Panoptix products.
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    A Garmin tech told me when I asked this he said sleep mode stoped it from pinging. Ok guess he was wrong thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DR. DROP View Post
    From the LS screen hit Menu>Sonar Transmit>On-Off.
    If your looking to keep your transducer from overheating this is what you do. If your simply running from spot to spot it will be cooled buy the air flow just like it is cooed buy the water when it is deployed. From what I gather the main time people get an over heat transducer alarm is in the heat of summer when doing a lot of idling. When up and running around on plane it gets enough air flow but at idle it may not get enough air flow in the heat of summer. On my unit I can turn on/off transmit in about 5 seconds so its not that hard to do.

8. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    I am old, and need instructions. seeing a video is even better than reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickPro201 View Post
    I am old, and need instructions. seeing a video is even better than reading it.
    I recommend the entire video but if your only interested in how to turn off the transducer skip to 11:45

Here is an excellent video to watch. It's kind of long but this video along with the one above should really help you learn how to best fine tune Livescope to get the best picture. You don't have to constantly adjust all the settings every time but you need to know how and when to adjust a setting. Once you get most of them set like the top 10 recommendations in the previous video all you will have to do is periodically adjust gain every once in a while. It may not be necessary to some people but for the ones who want maximum picture quality they need to learn what each setting does. Plus this video explains how the cone angle sees objects. Once you have a better understanding of how the cone angle looks at things you will be able "aim" it like a gun. I joking tell people it turns fishermen into hunters on the water, but with that being said just like a gun its a tool you need to learn how to use. Livescope is not something you simply turn on and its good to go, you need to learn how it works for best results.

Last edited by JR19; 01-22-2021 at 07:51 PM.