IMG_20210121_120038.jpg

I took advantage of the 40 degree temps this afternoon and dumped the boat in at Clinton for a few hours. The parking lot at Mascoutin had about a dozen trucks/trailers and I figured that the majority of them would be fish'n between there and Dewitt along with the dozens of shore anglers who are always on that stretch this time of year. So, with that in mind, I decided to go look around in the colder water on the West side of the lake. I graphed a couple small schools of fish on the road bed that runs into the mouth of Jungle Cove in 22' water. The water was 39 degrees there but I finally got one to crack a blade bait. That got them fired up a little and I was able to catch 3-4 more pretty quick, but no big fish. I ran up to the area of 54 Cove and the water temp was low 30's up there, so I didn't even shut down to fish. I ran back East and graphed around on a couple other roadbeds but never found anything else worth dropping on. Water temps were 38 at dam, 42 at Marina, 44 at Houseboat Cove, and 46 at Mascoutin. I ran up to Dewitt to check temps and it was 56 at the South bridge opening. As expected, every other boat on the lake and dozens of shore anglers were all between Mascoutin and Dewitt. The water is stained up pretty good right now with less than 1' visibility. If we could get a few days with no wind and the water clears up a bit, we should be able to jam on them good for a few days with an A-Rig.