I thought I was ready for Mega Live!

But it just dawned on me. My Solix units are Gen 1. The pre release hype (unofficial) says Mega Live will work with all Solix units. Am I screwed?
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    If the leaked information matches reality when it officially announces, the Solix G1s will be supported. With Helix you need the Mega+ models but supposedly all Solix models are supported. In my book, "all" means "all" and that would include the original Solix models.

It's supposed to work on Gen1 Solix units

From the information in the so called "Leak" the transducer connects via the eithernet

Solix G1 can display Mega+ images via the eithernet from a G2 or G3 Solix

So as long as the mega live sends the image via the eithernet this means the G1 will be able to display the image
    "The handicapped angler"

5. Member
    Are you saying that you the network must contain a G2 or G3 unit along with the G1 in order to view Mega Live on the G1?

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    From the information in the so called "Leak" the transducer connects via the eithernet

Solix G1 can display Mega+ images via the eithernet from a G2 or G3 Solix

So as long as the mega live sends the image via the eithernet this means the G1 will be able to display the image

Quote Originally Posted by jym View Post
    Are you saying that you the network must contain a G2 or G3 unit along with the G1 in order to view Mega Live on the G1?
    No. Its becoming pretty apparent the processing for the live is done within the transducer which is why so many units will work with it. Per the release ALL Solix will work with it standalone.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

Along with what was "leaked":

Pre-order info by a few dealers show this:

Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Transducer [710304-1] (mygreenoutdoors.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Banned
    Hmmm...this leads me to ask two questions: 1) If you have a G1 Solix, is the only meaningful reason to upgrade to G2 or G3: Mega+ DI & SI, 360 Mega and slightly wider coverage on SI? 2) If your running an Ultrex with a 360 and then attach the Mega Live to the Ultrex shaft, won't the 360 shaft partially block the Mega Live? Will it be one or the other (either 360 OR Mega Live)?

9. Member
    Just be cool until March, if you believe the leak, or June or after in the real world, and you'll know.

Lot of us waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by brimster View Post
    Hmmm...this leads me to ask two questions: 1) If you have a G1 Solix, is the only meaningful reason to upgrade to G2 or G3: Mega+ DI & SI, 360 Mega and slightly wider coverage on SI? 2) If your running an Ultrex with a 360 and then attach the Mega Live to the Ultrex shaft, won't the 360 shaft partially block the Mega Live? Will it be one or the other (either 360 OR Mega Live)?
    If its anything like Livescope, no. The 360 does not block livescope while mounted. Generally the scope is just below the 360 head. Per instructions the bottom of the transducer should be 7" above the head of the trolling motor.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

11. Banned
    Ahhhh...gotcha. That makes sense. The instrux for 360 indicate that transducer should be at least 1" above the TM prop (for obvs. reasons). Guess there's no reason you can't move it higher so you can position forward looking transducer between it and prop. Or course, the higher you have the 360, the lower the prop has to be in the water. It'll be interesting to see.