Anybody actually install and use an Elite FS yet?

Just curious. Looks like they are available, got to play with one at bass pro in simulation mode, and seemed nicer than my old elite Ti. Screen looked good, was bright, not super crisp like an HDS, but the glass screen with multi touch was definite improvement. Figured would be some reviews opinions up by now from people that had installed and used one. Like vs dislikes?

2. Member
    I dare to suggest that as elite ti differed little from gen2, so fs will not differ much from gen3.
    Evolution from marketers. We are being sold the capabilities of a five-year-old device in a new wrapper.

3. Member

4. Member
    I read your resource often, thank you.
    It is possible to compare FS with the TI elite, but we are interested to know how far FS has gone compared to the good old gen3, from which the screen and network capabilities are used.
    We do not yet know the element base of the FS, and therefore it is difficult to talk about the real capabilities of the device. But something tells me that FS differs from gen3 only in software.))

I haven't yet, but am about to order a pair of them. But I'm upgrading from a 7" Hook from 2016, so to me they're quite the improvement.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt18 View Post
    I read your resource often, thank you.
    It is possible to compare FS with the TI elite, but we are interested to know how far FS has gone compared to the good old gen3, from which the screen and network capabilities are used.
    We do not yet know the element base of the FS, and therefore it is difficult to talk about the real capabilities of the device. But something tells me that FS differs from gen3 only in software.))
    In short Elite FS has the screen of HDS Gen 3 and internals of HDS Carbon, with a bit of HDS Live thrown in.

7. Member
    If this is true, then the FS can be considered a decent device for the money available. And he will have few competitors.

8. bash11
    fs.jpg

Already installed. More than enough for the price and capabilities.

9. Member
    You get to try it out yet?

under the device settings about the unit, I.e. software version etc... does it list how much memory etc... it has? Just thinking so can compare to elite ti, I think the ti has 1 gb memory.

Just ordered a pair of 9s from BPS this morning.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

11. Member
    TC - FS is compatybile with livesight xdcr or xdcr+PS-1 module?

I have an Elite 9fs installed at the console. Haven't been on the water yet, but looks very nice and easy to setup and use so far. I have a active target ordered also.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

13. Member
    Great units without a doubt with many advanced features. Nice screen, very good processor and will handle more than what more than what 90% of fisherman will need.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    Thanks for the info. I have a boat on order, when I placed the order the FS wasn’t available. Originally ordered dash ti12 and bow ti9. When FS came out switched to dual FS9 at dash (don’t make a 12 FS) and single FS9 at bow. FS seems like pretty good upgrade over Ti and is compatible with Ethernet + active target. More just curiosity than anything as not much real world info out there about FS yet. Hopefully is a cool setup.

I was all set to have a great weekend. My two FS9s were supposed to arrive Sunday. Sunday night FedEx told me it would be Tuesday now. . Mark, thanks for the pics.
    2016 Nitro Z21

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaciejK View Post
    TC - FS is compatybile with livesight xdcr or xdcr+PS-1 module?
    From my info, Elite FS requires a module to use LiveSight.

17. Member
    Wonder why it isn't offered in a 12" like the Ti and Ti2 was.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Wonder why it isn't offered in a 12" like the Ti and Ti2 was.
    Money, is the answer. :) 7 and 9 are volume-sellers, where the bottom-line of midle-range units is made.
    When Elite Ti was introduced there was no 12 either, that came a year (or so) after the series was first introduced. If Elite FS turns out to sell in high-volumes, and there is enough people wanting a 12, Lowrance will probably make one.