Running sho nema motor cable

Is there any tricks to doing this. Tried this evening but didn't have any luck. Looked for YouTube video but didn't see any.

2. Member
    remove your shift controls to gain more room to fish the wiring to the back, then feed it through your engine rigging tube and plug it in.

3. Member
    is there any special way of getting the engine rigging tube to move. i see the two bolts to take loose but i cannot get the rubber piece that holds the wires and cables to move. looks like its needs to come out some to get access and push the wire thru.

Just curious......what sho do you have? When I ran mine ( 250 SHO) I took the strap off at the motor rigging tube. You then have 2 screws that hold the rubber insert in place. Remove the screws & that piece comes out. I also took the 3 screws out the tubing bracket in the splash well. This allowed me to run the NEMA 2000 end very easily. You do need a fish to run behind the gunnel to the back. Tie this on to the NEMA connector & very carefully pull it through to the console. I don't know what boat you have so can't go into how it will go through. I hope this may help you some. All boats can be a chore no matter what make they are. Just take your time, if you get frustrated, take a break. Oh and it helps to have another pair of hands to help.
    Last edited by tracer1; 01-25-2021 at 06:08 PM.

One other thing buck master, once you take the rigging tube loose from both ends, you will be able to move the rigging tube. Some rigging tubes will actually "unscrew" from the splash well bracket/coupling, don't know the exact terminology for it. You may be able to "unscrew" it without taking that bracket loose, just made it easer for me.

6. Member
    i've got a skeeter zx200 with a 200 sho. i havent tried taking the tube loose from the boat side but will give that try. i've taken those two bolt loose that hold rubber in but cannot get very much movement from them. it will be friday before i'll be able to give it a try again.

7. Member
    Does the 1st gen HPDI allow for nema connections? Thanks

Graphfish1, I think they were in 2006, some maybe in late '05. You should have a white connector in your lower cowlings the port side. It will have two wires only, a white and a blue. If you have that, I would say yes but don't hold me to that. Yam 911 should know or I would call Yamaha before I invested in the parts.

Buckmaster, what are you trying to do. If you are only running the NEMA2000 cable through the rigging, that should not be that hard. That rubber piece with the two screws have to come out of the housing, it is a pain getting it back in. Of Course, I wouldn't put it back together till it was complete & working. I think the boat side of the rigging is what's making it difficult.

Buckmaster.....If you get this completed, let us know the results.
    Thanks

11. Member
    i was finally able to complete the work Friday. After taking the two screws off the metal plate that holds rubber rigging together it was bound up but after moving steering wheel back and forth it freed up and was able to pull it off. Peeled back the rubber and was able to get the cable through. Getting it through hard plastic rigging tube wasnt that hard with some 12 gauge wire. Just use some good electrical tape because the cheap just pulled off first time. Wish the NEMA cable was about 1 foot longer but I finally got it!

I know you could do it........

13. Member
    thanks for the encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster27012 View Post
    i was finally able to complete the work Friday. After taking the two screws off the metal plate that holds rubber rigging together it was bound up but after moving steering wheel back and forth it freed up and was able to pull it off. Peeled back the rubber and was able to get the cable through. Getting it through hard plastic rigging tube wasnt that hard with some 12 gauge wire. Just use some good electrical tape because the cheap just pulled off first time. Wish the NEMA cable was about 1 foot longer but I finally got it!
    I haven't checked lately but I thing you can get an extension cable.