Marine master trailer Phoenix 920

Guys I was in a hurry to leave today. I pulled out of the garage and forgot to unhook the safety breakaway cable from the truck. I went about 3 feet and stopped. The cable is about 3 feet long now. How can I fix this? Are the brakes locked up? Geeze I am a dummy. I haven't had a chance to try to fix it or see if it's going to work. Let.me know if you have ever done this.

2. Member
    You should have a release lever under the tongue. Press that and it should release it.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If you pulled the bead out of a UFP actuator, you’ll need to disassemble the actuator to install the cable properly.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Okay after looking at it I have screwed up. The stainless cable is actually broken now. So how do I proceed? Will the trailer still pull? I have a tournament this weekend.

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan423 View Post
    Okay after looking at it I have screwed up. The stainless cable is actually broken now. So how do I proceed? Will the trailer still pull? I have a tournament this weekend.
    You need to disassemble the actuator and install a new cable. A trailer without a functional breakaway device is both unsafe and illegal.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Member
    I did the same thing last summer, Kind of tricky replacing it if you never did one before.

There are some u-tube videos on how to change the cable.

This cable is designed to apply the brakes and keep pressure on the brakes, only if the trailer breaks away from the Truck, so the trailer won't continue down the road.

Not recommended, but the trailer can be used without this safety feature? as long as you push up on the lever on the underside and release the pressure to the brakes. how far is the tourney?

I found it way easier replace complete actuator rather than do that freakin cable which requires you to pull it out anyway and remove the brake line, so i just put whole new Actuator, was never happier especially if its older anyway! Cost more than cable but less headache screw with!

Quote Originally Posted by bass2dy View Post
    I found it way easier replace complete actuator rather than do that freakin cable which requires you to pull it out anyway and remove the brake line, so i just put whole new Actuator, was never happier especially if its older anyway! Cost more than cable but less headache screw with!

I have replaced the breakaway cable before, years ago. PITA, plus I had to order two new roller pins. One of the winter projects I did last month one of the trailer companies had many items on sale—— including my A-60 actuator—- as cheap as a new master cylinder, shock and cable. So I replaced mine with a new Actuator.