Upgrading 997 to Helix 10.

Got a chance to buy a used G3N helix 10. Mega SI. Can I use my existing transducers and power cord? I have a helix 7 g2n up front. How do I sync up to share waypoints? Used to be able to share 797 and 997 so must be some type of cord in there.

Power cord=Yes. Transducer= not even close if you want the Helix 10 to function as one. You can dumb it down to 997 level and use its transducer.

All units from the XX8 models forward use Ethernet to share data.
    Both Helix units would need a AS EC QDE Ethernet Adapter to connect an Ethernet cable to them.
    Then you need an Ethernet cable between the adapters----AS EC 20E is the 20' version, there are several lengths available.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne.
    Damn $50 for cable and $30 for each adapter. I figured the SI transducer was an upgrade.
    What about the through hull transducer?

Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Thanks Wayne.
    Damn $50 for cable and $30 for each adapter. I figured the SI transducer was an upgrade.
    What about the through hull transducer?
    No, starting with the Helix third generation, the standard 2D frequency is HW CHIRP. The shoot-thru is XP 9 HW.
    AND the Y cable is changed also since MEGA SI transducers have true Down Imaging with a Down Imaging piezo.

The 997 doesn't have Down Imaging. It has simulated DI views created by blending the two SI pulses.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No, starting with the Helix third generation, the standard 2D frequency is HW CHIRP. The shoot-thru is XP 9 HW.
    AND the Y cable is changed also since MEGA SI transducers have true Down Imaging with a Down Imaging piezo.

The 997 doesn't have Down Imaging. It has simulated DI views created by blending the two SI pulses.
    Thanks again!