Floating or Foam Lipless cranks?

I remember reading somewhere that there was a foam floating rattle trap and wondering if anyone has any or has used them? I see rattle trap still sells a floating version but not the same as I remember reading.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

I have a few floating Traps. I rarely use them but when I need to fish a Trap in super shallow water, that's when I tie on a floating Trap.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Jeff, I remember reading "foam" type...did a quick search and nothing came up but I swear I read about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I have a few floating Traps. I rarely use them but when I need to fish a Trap in super shallow water, that's when I tie on a floating Trap.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

Never heard of a foam trap.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Me either.
    Wave Therapy

Maybe you are thinking of these? Soft plastic, but I don' think they float.

Duo Realis Nomase Gill - Tackle Warehouse

I've not seen a foam trap either. The only foam treble hooked bait I've ever come across is the Booyah Flex squarebill. Always thought it was a neat idea, but never tried it. https://www.lurenet.com/booyah-flextmii I figure there are other foam cranks out there, but haven't ever seen a lipless.

Unless you may have been reading about guys drilling and filling regular lipless baits with expanding foam? That's done to stop a rattling bait from rattling, but definitely won't make it float.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

8. Member
    Im getting old I guess...I swear I read an article/post of a foam type lipless. well, there is an idea.

9. Member
    [QUOTE=DrewFlu33;11640673]I've not seen a foam trap either. The only foam treble hooked bait I've ever come across is the Booyah Flex squarebill. Always thought it was a neat idea, but never tried it. https://www.lurenet.com/booyah-flextmii I figure there are other foam cranks out there, but haven't ever seen a lipless.

Not a lipless but back in the 70`s there was a squarebill ( actually coffin bill) made down in SC called the Charlie O that was made of foam. Very popular for awhile and hard to find (expensive if you do find them).

001.JPG002.JPG

10. Member
    Rattle trap made a floating version.
    https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bill...age-BLFRT.html
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

11. Member
    I got a few floating traps in the box but they have a lip on them.

12. Member
    Cotton briefly produced the Spot in a floating model but it is plastic, not foam. Only had one belly hook and that was a double hook. It was a one knocker also. Only other foam bait I can think of was a killer on Ky lake in the 80s, but it had a brass bill, and a regular crankbait style.. Then the Ike bait.
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 02-04-2021 at 02:42 PM.

13. Member
    Burke had "flex plugs" made of soft, pliable foam in '70's,i had a popper and a metal billed crank. Lazy Ike and the Crankbait Corp. had hard foamed baits that did not run as straight as they should've. All of my floating hot spots and traps are plastic just like the sinkers..no lips.
    Wave Therapy