Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I don't own any Megabass jerkbaits. I also run a helix 9 & an old 798 ci si & don't have any lithium batterys either. My trolling motor is a Minnkota Maxxum 70sc though.

2. Member
    Look on Alibaba to get a general idea. Multiple folks have said that all these batteries come from 2-3 manfs in China, and are just relabeled. How true that is I don't know, but they sure look like the same.

3. Member
    When I purchased (ordered) our Motor Home in 2016 the MSRP was $194,000 before options. Dealer cost before options was $141,000. Total with options was 204,780. We agreed on $5,000 over dealer cost.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

4. Member
    Think this about popcorn and pop everytime I go to the theater

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

5. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaKev View Post
    Think this about popcorn and pop everytime I go to the theater
    Mark up on movie theater popcorn is similar, just add a zero.
    retailer to consumer - 750%-1000%
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokeyr67 View Post
    After all is said and done, I don’t think the profit in the markups is as huge as it seems to we consumers, after all there are a lot of costs involved in getting a product from the manufacturer to the consumer.

Ikm not saying that I wouldn’t love to be able to buy Lithium batteries for the price of materials (I’m in the market for a couple right now), but I don’t begrudge those in the supply chain making a bit of a profit after their costs.
    The costs of doing business is what often escapes notice. Whether the profit [or markup] in a certain item is out of proportion is easy to determine: if making a load of money in that product line was really easy, *everyone* would be engaged in selling it, and hardly anyone engaged in selling it would ever go broke or out of business. The fact that there are so few distributors for lithium batteries convinces me that regardless of gross markup, this is not a business for the casual investor.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    They could be 1/2 price and still too high for me. Just saying.
    That can be said for almost anything fishing/boating related. It's all to each their own. I spent the money on lithiums however, I don't have 4 12" graphs at $4000 each. I have 2 9" units I got on sale for $800 each. Personally I'd rather put the money towards lithiums thenLarger/higher end graphs. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
    When I purchased (ordered) our Motor Home in 2016 the MSRP was $194,000 before options. Dealer cost before options was $141,000. Total with options was 204,780. We agreed on $5,000 over dealer cost.
    And what makes you think you know what dealers cost actually was ? Even R V has a crazy list price so you think you are getting a deal , and it works .

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    And what makes you think you know what dealers cost actually was ? Even R V has a crazy list price so you think you are getting a deal , and it works .
    Didn’t purchase from the dealer that showed me the dealer cost list, including options. But it gave me a starting point with the dealer I did purchase it from. FYI.....I would never buy anything from Camping World and didn’t !
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

10. Member
    The markup is the same as everything else....whatever market forces will allow. If enough people are buying it, there is no reason to lower the price.

Supply and demand. Low supply/high demand=high cost(fuel when refineries shutdown for maintenance or lack of crude). High supply/high demand in a confined area=high cost(movie theater).
    High supply/high demand= low cost. Vendor wants to takea advantage of moving inventory (costco)
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

[QUOTE=Milehibird;11633621 I will never own batteries that AREN'T lithium. I don't have to check water levels. I don't have to replace them every couple years. I charge them and I'm good. Given that I fish maybe 50-75 days a year, the batteries will probably last longer than I will.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last time I calculated, I can run Optima batteries for 30 years for the cost of one set of Lithium. While some have problems with Optima, I have never had one last less than 6 years.

P01135809

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Last time I calculated, I can run Optima batteries for 30 years for the cost of one set of Lithium. While some have problems with Optima, I have never had one last less than 6 years.
    And I can drive a Prius 10x farther than my truck on the same amount of gas.
    You don't buy Lithiums to save money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12