Cool Mega 360 on my Kayak

So I finally ordered me a Mega 360 from Russel Marine, for my kayak. I got the Fortrex Model because the shaft was shorter. I wish they sold a standalone version of the fortrex, would have save me some money, but whatever. Here are some images of my setup, and a video of it in action...
    For a mounting bracket, I used a RAM Tough Claw Trolling Motor Stabilizer.
    For power, Two 17.5aH FPV Power Batteries in Parallel.
    Wilderness Systems through hull fittings for wires to enter/exit the hull.
    The Y cable buts up to the fitting by the control head, and the pigtail is just long enough to reach the back of the Helix 8.
    Most of the wire, and all of the Y connections are in hull.
    The GPS/HS wires is outside the hull because I didn't want to make 2 more hull punctures for a single wire. The wilderness systems fitting doesn't offer a 3 wire plug.
    It deploys real easy, and works great on a kayak, due to the slow nature of the platform.
    I think I did a pretty clean job on the install, let me know what you think...

360setup1.jpg360setup2.jpg360setup3.jpg360setup4.jpg360setup5.jpg360setup6.jpg360image1.jpg360image2.jpg360image3.jpg360image4.jpg360image5.jpg

Great job all around! Enjoy!

3. Member
    Thanks! It's been a blast so far.

I know there are no secret holes, but not everyone knows about that area, lol. Great video.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

5. Member
    Those buildings are marked on several maps, but I've never been able to find them, even knowing pretty accurate locations. Depending on distance, they may not show on side scan. And I went to 6 other marked buildings on the lake to find nothing at all. The 360 really helped with the 3 I was able to see. And of course the bane of doing youtube, most of the time you have to "show your hand" to have decent content. ;)

There are a lot more you will find with the M360. Not all of the submerged foundations are on available maps and map cards. And some are silted over. The fun part is looking for and finding them. Especially when the bass are schooled up on them.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

7. Member
    Yeah, I found a couple foundations on Decker Lake (Walter E Long) and there are no buildings marked there. My buddy had caught 3 or 4 of em on it, not knowing it was there. I rolled over and pointed it out. That is actually the 2nd to last photo on my original post.

8. Member

9. Member
    Nice, Chief!

I really think the M360 shines on the kayak. Unless you're really moving fast, it's normal movement speed is perfect for it. Two out of the four fishing trips I've gone out with it, I've beaten my personal best for number of fish caught. I hope I keep breaking that personal record, and also get on some big ones.

10. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images