Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If anything being discontinued, i would suspect that the GPSmap 10x2/12x2 series (button style) is next in line to get an upgrade for the UHD system. I think they are the last "family" with the "old" stuff.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    That upgrade is currently available. 1043xsv. 1243xsv. They don't have the UHD tag in their name but they are UHD. I have a 1243xsv with GT56.

Corrected in post #27
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 01-25-2021 at 10:27 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Leonard, i'm referring to the non-touch units........
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    If anything being discontinued, i would suspect that the GPSmap 10x2/12x2 series (button style) is next in line to get an upgrade for the UHD system. I think they are the last "family" with the "old" stuff.
    At one time somewhat recently, I’d agree with the button style being discontinued. The 1242 touch got the UHD plug and then several months later came the 1243 which doesn’t include a button/ knob unit. The button style has been overlooked in both those upgrades. A few things come into play in my mind. The 1042/1242 non touch are at an attractive price point to many new comers and a great “gateway” (at Garmins benefit) to the higher end (and likely more profitable) GPSMAP line. The other thing that comes to mind is Engineering has to be damn tired of writing updates for the non touch units when everything else in the lineup is touch. I believe this is a battle between the bean counters and the engineers as to if and when the non touch gets canned. I’m stuck in the gpsmap lineup so I’m glad the 1243 came though I can’t wait to see the the upcoming competition before I pull the plug on another unit.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    That upgrade is currently available. 1043xsv. 1243xsv. They don't have the UHD tag in their name but they are UHD. I have a 1243xsv with GT56.
    1043XSV doesn't exsist

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pluggedtheboat View Post
    1043XSV doesn't exsist
    That’s correct. One would have to go to a 943xsv and the screen is pathetically narrow just like the 1042 is. Hope they do something with the 10” if and when they redo it. More in the line of the EC 10” shape.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pluggedtheboat View Post
    1043XSV doesn't exsist
    Right. No such animal. Some of my old age amnesia acting up again. I should have went to the website and looked. The new "3" series comes in 7, 9, and 12. And just to be clear I don't have any inside information about any possibilities of another 10 inch unit. I have a 1243 and know it was an upgrade to the 1242. I just forgot that they changed the sizes for the other "x3" unit. That's all.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12