Thread: Redesigned NRX

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Redesigned NRX

Anyone heard any news on the redesigned NRX?

2. Member
    I have not heard any recent news of the new line of NRX rods but i noticed on instagram that shimano put out a teaser saying something is coming on 1/22/2021. I doubt it will be the new nrx rods but they are going to showcase something any how. I would think it will be a classic announcement for the new rods, could be wrong though.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Revofisher View Post
    I have not heard any recent news of the new line of NRX rods but i noticed on instagram that shimano put out a teaser saying something is coming on 1/22/2021. I doubt it will be the new nrx rods but they are going to showcase something any how. I would think it will be a classic announcement for the new rods, could be wrong though.
    You think they'd wait for a Classic announcement with it being in June now? I've seen this pop up on a few threads but haven't actually seen anything online confirming it.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanl View Post
    You think they'd wait for a Classic announcement with it being in June now? I've seen this pop up on a few threads but haven't actually seen anything online confirming it.
    I think you will see new things roll out this year at all kinds of times due to supply chain issues and the traditional show schedule being cancelled, changed, etc. There is just as much of a chance the Classic could be cancelled or moved again depending on where things are COVID wise. 5 months is a long time from now - it's incredibly long if you have stock you are waiting to sell.

5. Member
    yeah my bad guys i totally forgot the classic was a summer event this time thought it was early march. Yeah in that case if they have them ready then i would see it being before June i would assume

6. Member
    One of the shops fairly close to me is a big Shimano/Loomis dealer (big enough that he was in their catalog last year). I was by there Saturday asking about Loomis rods and he indicated that a new NRX was coming but didn't know when. He said he had been invited to a "pre-screening" event that was supposed to be this weekend (IIRC) to allow larger dealers and distributors a chance to see the new NRX rods and try them out but it got cancelled due to COVID. He seems to be in the know with anything Shimano/Loomis.
    2009 Triton 21X3 250 Mercury Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    2 Lowrance HDS Live 12s at bow w/ Active Target
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and 12 at console
    2 8' Power Pole Pro Series

7. Member
    Tackle Warehouse is only showing a few NRX models now. That is usually a pretty good sign that inventory is being cleared for the new models. Anyone hear any more news? I sold my 894C in anticipation of these new rods.

8. Member
    Hopefully they get rid of those stupid recoil guides!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    Hopefully they get rid of those stupid recoil guides!
    Yeppers...although ShimLoomis did finally move on from recoils on some of their other high end models.

10. Member
    Hopefully better balance...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster14 View Post
    Hopefully better balance...
    Not at the expense of heavier rods. I would rather balance them myself if needed.

12. Member
    Everybody always want's to get all over the 894 as being tip heavy. I don't use super light reels but with a Curado E7 it's right on the reel nut.
    American Legacy just got a big shipment of NRX's the only one I saw still on backorder was the 893.

13. Member
    The NRX has had one of the longest runs as one of the most successful high end rods on the market. People can complain about balance, recoils, build,...., but after all these years it still the rod I see used most as the standard by which the new "high tech" rods are compared, especially when it comes to sensitivity. I own a lot of different brands, but when I want he utmost in sensitivity I still reach for my NRX JWR's (even over my Conquest). I for one hope they don't change too much and screw up a good thing.

14. Member
    I agree that the NRX is the gold standard. If the balance on the new NRX isn’t any better than the 894c I just sold, I will still get one. I don’t want them to change the blank, but with it being so long since a refresh and it being Shimano’s 100th anniversary, I think they will come up with something special. I plan on getting one as soon as it is released.

15. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

16. Member
    I just used Expediter on a discontinued NRX MBR843C. They are replacing it with an "NRX +" Haven't seen or heard of them and can't find anything online. I had assumed they would have replaced it with a conquest 843C, but am pretty excited about them bringing the MBR line back to the NRX. Let you know when it shows up.

- Ken
    Ken Kipler
    South Mills, NC by way of
    CV-43, AS-31, CVN-69, FFG-56, CVN-69, CVN-71
    Ranger 520L w/ Merc Pro XS 250 4S (2B635878)

17. Member
    That confirms what I heard from a reliable source about the new model being an NRX+.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Ken_In_Va View Post
    I just used Expediter on a discontinued NRX MBR843C. They are replacing it with an "NRX +" Haven't seen or heard of them and can't find anything online. I had assumed they would have replaced it with a conquest 843C, but am pretty excited about them bringing the MBR line back to the NRX. Let you know when it shows up.

- Ken
    Interesting!

Any details on when you should receive the rod? I am very close to pull the trigger on a 893c. But if the 'Plus' version is better balanced and has better guides, I might hold off on it.

19. Member
    I was told end of March.
    Ken Kipler
    South Mills, NC by way of
    CV-43, AS-31, CVN-69, FFG-56, CVN-69, CVN-71
    Ranger 520L w/ Merc Pro XS 250 4S (2B635878)

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster14 View Post
    That confirms what I heard from a reliable source about the new model being an NRX+.

NRX+ is what they call their new fly rods too. Not sure how much info is transferable to bass rods, but you can read a lot about the NRX+ fly rods online. Sounds like those were a pretty major overhaul. Should be interesting.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast