Thread: Redesigned NRX

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    I have a new 872 (spinning) and will fish it tomorrow, Friday. it looks the part and for sure the new reel seat "looks" better, the rod is light! But for me at the end of the what makes NRX so special is the insane sensitivity, so I am eager to compare.

I rigged this for drop shot and the first thing I noticed was the placement of the hook keeper, in my case the weight keeper put the hook right where I will pick up the rod, don't care for that.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    I have a new 872 (spinning) and will fish it tomorrow, Friday. it looks the part and for sure the new reel seat "looks" better, the rod is light! But for me at the end of the what makes NRX so special is the insane sensitivity, so I am eager to compare.

I rigged this for drop shot and the first thing I noticed was the placement of the hook keeper, in my case the weight keeper put the hook right where I will pick up the rod, don't care for that.
    Is the hook keeper closed or open? If the latter just place your line on the keeper with weight hanging and tighten up the slack as the tension holds the weight on the keeper.

Sorry reread your post sounds like your putting the weight on the keeper.
    Last edited by Phippy; 05-27-2021 at 05:05 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post

That is why I dislike that keeper placement.

4. Member
    I got my new NRX+ 872s. Looks great paired with an Exscence and Diawa J-Braid Grand. The rod balances exceptionally well for a 7'3. I can't wait to get it out on the water this weekend...IMG_1270 copy 3.jpg

5. Member
    I put the new NRX + 883 Bladed Jig rod to the test yesterday. I was using the rod for swim jigs and it performed nicely. Its similar to the NRX 893 but the first 18 inches of the rod are a little softer. The backbone stiffens quicker. It took me a bit to get used to the hook keeper. I had to adjust my left placement on the butt of the rod while casting. I get why they moved it but I'm not certain it is currently on the best spot. All in all though its a great rod!

6. Member
    Does anyone have any good on the water feedback now that these have been out a while? I have the 873c and 872s, but I’m particularly interested feedback on the MBR’s.

7. Member
    Anybody have the new NRX+ 904C?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345