Winter storage for Lithium

Just got a new 36volt lithium for the trolling motor. My question concerns winter storage. I am in Ohio so a few months of inactivity sitting in the boat in the unheated garage. For my wet cells I always ran the charger overnight once a month during the winter. The lithium instructions say to store in 40 to 80 degrees at a 60 to 80% charge. Not supposed to charge if below 32 degrees. Supposed to charge or use them every 60 days. What do you guys that have lithiums and have the frozen off season do for the winter? Take them out of the boat and take them inside? I was hoping to be able to just leave it in the boat over winter but it gets well below freezing for long periods of time. I want this thing to last as long as possible considering the investment.

watching
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    No problem. Charge to around 50% or so and remove the negagative wires or if you have a switch turn it off. The only thing of concern is draining it all the way down with some load on it. Won't freeze...there is nothing to freeze. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Banned
    Being up north here in Canada and boat in garage for 6 months I pulled my lithiums out (2x24v) and stored them in my basement. For the cost of these batteries I'm not taking the chance. They sitting at about 75%, that was the lowest I could get them after back to back outings prior to storing boat.

5. Member
    Thanks for all the replies fellas. I will just charge it then bring it inside. Seems the safest route and not that big of a chore.