2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

3. Member
    Inpatiently waiting lol

Although i blew my cash on a pair of 71 mgls recently lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post
    Wonder what's coming 1.22.21? New Chronarch? Curado BFS? All new flagship reel?
    Answer: Higher prices because all these retired rich guys pay $300 for a fishing reel and the profit margins are awesome

I moved over to Piscifun baitcasters.... $75 each.... no issues.... honestly.. i don't see any quality difference with any of the others or feature differences........ 5.7 oz weight!

If you try one you'll think you were bamboozzled by these top end names for years

https://www.piscifun.com/collections...casting-reel-1

5. Member
    SLX BFS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    Being slated as “BFS” I’m going to guess in the $250-$300 price range. If you’ve noticed, Shimano has a huge gap in price between the Curado and the Bantam with basically just the Chronarch in the middle. Not sure if Shimano even considers that but they have the $100-200 range covered and $350 and up covered. Just traditional reels, not including round reels or DC.
    On their page, they are listed at 199.00
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tallman View Post
    Answer: Higher prices because all these retired rich guys pay $300 for a fishing reel and the profit margins are awesome

I moved over to Piscifun baitcasters.... $75 each.... no issues.... honestly.. i don't see any quality difference with any of the others or feature differences........ 5.7 oz weight!

If you try one you'll think you were bamboozzled by these top end names for years

China

Piscifun reels are made in China in the same factory as Diawa. The Carbon X is the same frame and bearing material as the Tatula spinning reel.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

Announcement is redesigns for the Ultegra, Twin Power SW, Twin Power XD, Exsence and Calcutta Conquest. I thought in celebration of 100 years it would have been an all new model line. Oh well.

9. Member

Margins on Shimano arent very good...well for the retailer anyway
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Piscifun in the same ballpark as Shimano....that's a good one

Just found this on Youtube...don’t know if this is the big news though.

12. Member

Wat

I am a poor, blue collar, 28yr old. I buy almost exclusively $300 shimano reels.

Why?

They are workhorses. I do not have time to take of my fishing reels. I want something I can put line on periodically and fish every weekend. If a reel starts crapping out I replace it, because if it was a shimano bantam or chronarch it is 3 or 4 years old, and I've got my monies worth.

13. Member
    Must not be to poor if you can afford $300 reels.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Must not be to poor if you can afford $300 reels.
    exactly. Or to take such shitty care of $300 reels that they only last 3-4 years.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

15. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    exactly. Or to take such shitty care of $300 reels that they only last 3-4 years.
    No Joke! I have 10 year old BPQ PQ reels that are still working great with my incredibly limited cleaning/repair skills!

I do have a few Shimanos, but they’re spinning reels that have spent their lives in the saltwater of the Gulf of Mexico and they are still in great shape.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I'd be pissed if I only got 3-4 years out of a reel.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123