Need to find new insurance

So I had been working with Bob over at Worldwide Marine for insurance for years. Learned that my current insurance will not be renewed due to WM not working with American Modern any longer. So got a new quote and insurance doubled.

Anyone have recommendations for insurance?
    Sean Fullerton

~~2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited~~
    Yamaha SHO 250
    Helix 12
    Mega 360
    MegaLive
    Raptors

https://www.youtube.com/ruggedoutdoors

If you've had no claims on your boat policy, good driving record, and decent credit score, you should have no trouble getting a better quote. I've had Progressive for years and never had a problem.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

3. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    I switched to Travelers from progressive. Lower rate and travelers covers mechanical breakdown of the engine too/.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain,CT.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2015 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veterans, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67

4. Member
    Got the same letter in the mail. Time to start shopping around. Going to check both Travelers and Progressive.

I have foremost via an agent in CA on our powerboat. Never had a claim but have friends who have. For my length and HP I think its a fair company and they made things easy.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    I switched to Travelers from progressive. Lower rate and travelers covers mechanical breakdown of the engine too/.
    This is exactly what I’m looking for! Do you remember the name of the policy/coverage? I called travelers for a quote and the only mechanical coverage they offered me was for the Lower unit.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brock1 View Post
    This is exactly what I’m looking for! Do you remember the name of the policy/coverage? I called travelers for a quote and the only mechanical coverage they offered me was for the Lower unit.
    It is likely that whomever you were talking to didn't understand the policy correctly. Talk to a different Travelers agent.

8. Member
    I have had Progressive for quite a few years on my Mastercraft, no claims, very inexpensive (Liability only). I recently added the 2015 Tracker to my collection and added it to my policy, liability only. I then did some research and see that Progressive only offers coverage on the lower unit of outboards - at least that is what I read. I did not opt for it. I did, however opt for thier "Sign & Glide" on-water towing and assistance for $30/yr which is very cheap and has excellent reviews. I know you lake-only guys won't opt for this but for those of us who also navigate bays and coastal waters, this is a really good deal. Happy with Progressive so far.
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Guys this is not unusual We represent numerous companies. Just give us a call to update your information and we will remarket to get the best rates as well as coverages. Thank you Bob Luellen 517-627-8080

10. Member
    As rates went up for no reason from Gecio and now progressive. I was looking to Travelers but I ended up with BIA. http://www.bia.us/. To include better coverage for lower rate. They even cover tournament entry fees for those with concern.