Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Headwaters Mapping

Is there any electronic chip or mapping for Headwaters Lake in Fellsmere? I have seen a map that I think is a FWC map, but that is not much. Is there anything else? Something with gps coordinates or waypoints or anything?
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

2. Banned
    Have we really come to the point that nothing can be done without electronics?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    Have we really come to the point that nothing can be done without electronics?
    Buddy, it is a LOT easier to navigate a new lake with mapping. It has ditches, lanes, high shallow spots and a lot of tall reeds where you can't tell where you are ..... Yeah, I like maps.
    RT188

4. Member
    I will say that place can be intimidating to navigate first few times out.
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    Buddy, it is a LOT easier to navigate a new lake with mapping. It has ditches, lanes, high shallow spots and a lot of tall reeds where you can't tell where you are ..... Yeah, I like maps.

5. Member
    Haha Don't let LMG get to ya, He just fishes the ditches along of 75 so he can't get lost--- just turn around. LOL.

OP, I haven't seen or heard of any Maps available on HW yet. I did hear that one of map makers were seen out there working so maybe there will be soon.

There is a couple of guys that do videos on that place and they have said several times they are using their phones with Satellite Maps to know where they are. I would think that after you have been there a time or two you could follow your Tracks back.

6. Member
    I heard Garmin Crew has it mapped but no word when it will be available

XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    Thanks BOATS.... I have looked at his youtube stuff and it is better than nothing... I was hoping some company like Navionics mapped it. I know Navionics has not because I looked at it. I just thought I might find something I did not already know about... Something with gps coordinates or a chip with tracking or something... I thought there might be something out there I did not know about. Thanks for the reply.
    RT188

See insight Genesis Social maps (old lowrance Social map)
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

Thanks BOATS.... I have looked at his youtube stuff and it is better than nothing... I was hoping some company like Navionics mapped it. I know Navionics has not because I looked at it. I just thought I might find something I did not already know about... Something with gps coordinates or a chip with tracking or something... I thought there might be something out there I did not know about. Thanks for the reply.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

11. Member
    I'm kinda glad I grew up before electronics ,its slot easier now you don't even have to think just go ,back in 60s I was just a kid but we blazed new trails at big o that are on the map today ,my uncle pulled the tin house out there we used to sleep there duck hunting now its a landmark ,

12. Member
    I grew up without them as well. My first glass boat was a 1973 with a 65 Johnson. One of my graphs was a Humminbird flasher called a Super 60.

I still don't have the big screen graphs...but I like waypoints and trails. I use a Navionics Chip now in my Lowrance and that thing is great....I just wish it showed Headwaters...it shows me driving out over land and dirt - no water there..... Haha....

I would like to even get a good big paper map like Hot Spots map with channels and canals with waypoints. I can make it fine.....but a good map would just be easier and SAFER.
    RT188

13. Member
    I grew up without them as well. My first glass boat was a 1973 with a 65 Johnson. One of my graphs was a Humminbird flasher called a Super 60.

I still don't have the big screen graphs...but I like waypoints and trails. I use a Navionics Chip now in my Lowrance and that thing is great....I just wish it showed Headwaters...it shows me driving out over land and dirt - no water there..... Haha....

I would like to even get a good big paper map like Hot Spots map with channels and canals with waypoints. I can make it fine.....but a good map would just be easier and SAFER.
    I had a bunch of waypoints I put on my Lowrance before going there the first time. You can pin spots you want to check. Canals and Cuts on Google Earth. Then upload to your GPS. Also because there is no mapping it is best to screen shot Google Earth so you can see what You have pinned. I then Printed it out to have with Me.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    I had a bunch of waypoints I put on my Lowrance before going there the first time. You can pin spots you want to check. Canals and Cuts on Google Earth. Then upload to your GPS. Also because there is no mapping it is best to screen shot Google Earth so you can see what You have pinned. I then Printed it out to have with Me.
    I don't know how to do that.....You are saying that I can open Google Earth on my phone or Samsung tablet and pin spots there and get them on my Lowrance, is that right? Also i will go look again but i think Google Earth still shows dirt there and not water like now.
    RT188

15. Member
    You have to use a computer as far as I know. Google Pro. You can drop pins on spots. You can also go back in time when they were making this. Also works great to see low water and mark deeper holes. You do have to convert the waypoints to go onto the card for the Lowrance. This kid is really good. Watch his videos. This is one that should help you.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

16. Member

You also can go back in time on Google Earth and see the lake getting filled.

18. Member
    Dumb question but how did you get those images? I pulled up Google Earth and mine are no way that detailed.

Having just spent a week there, I can tell you nothing on the google earth looks like being on the water. I used the Insight Genesis for basic mapping. I hand entered some waypoints to help. On Tue and Wed there was heavy fog. I got totally turned around on Tuesday. Even after looking at my gps track I doubted where I was in the fog. Then in the afternoon I tried to return to an area where we caught a 5lber, but area the looked totally different after the fog. The main E-W canal was blocked with vegetation about 1/3rd the way to the far west Farm13 pumphouse.
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

20. Member
    To Booster.... Thanks and I fully agree...nothing can be like a map that shows the water... That's why I asked about a chip to begin with. I thought there might be a chip or a map or something somewhere that showed water and hopefully tracking. I thought there might be something I missed somewhere or somebody knew of a chip or map I have not looked at on YouTube or Google Earth... There is a lot of knowledge and experience here and I thought there might be something I missed somewhere.

To Bassdeer...thanks for the pics. I use Google Earth quite a bit and have used the history bar to look at those. They are great. I keep trying to find a map that shows water and waypoints like a chip or a Hot Spots map.
    RT188

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast