Looking for a custom cover maker for my 2016 TRX22 Elite.

Don't want to order the OEM. It is only a few years old and not doing well. Looking for a custom cover company that can build out a low profile trailerable cover. any recommendations on fabric type are welcome. Any findings on tie down types or cinch strap welcome.
    thanks

tom

2. Member
    Look at Aurora covers.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

3. Member
    Yep, Aurora. Just up the road from you not too far, even though Texas is a big state. Take your boat there , drop it off . Slip up to Springfield BPS or just spend a day in Branson while you are waiting. Arrange it all in advance of course. That's what I did.
    GETFISHED !!!

4. Member
    Thats a 1400 mile journey for a boat cover. Little excessive. I will call them, they have most likely made one for the model before. thanks

5. Member
    Aurora makes the best covers. I just had them make one for my Ranger, and they shipped it to me in Washington State; no problem. I got the marine acrylic which is their longest lasting material. Fit overall is perfect, and this is a top quality cover. They even embroidered the engine cover with my QuickDrops logo (I manufacture QuickDrops dropshot weights).
    ciao,
    Marc

6. Member
    Marc what did that cover cost you?

7. Member
    Yes, it is a long ways. Other options may work better for you. I'm near Nashville and I am dragging mine over there this spring for some mods. It's a pretty good haul dragging the boat but I want my cover the way I want it. They built it and I made some upgrades to the boat so now I need to get the cover adjusted. I've got some family in Springfield and a friend in Branson on Taneycomo so that will make a little more productive trip.
    GETFISHED !!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasttriton View Post
    Marc what did that cover cost you?
    Mine was close to $1,000 but I got all the most expensive options and strap systems, and best material available since I store my boat outside 365 and also trailer long distances with my cover on. I even ordered my cover before my 52" Ghost arrived, and it fit perfectly after installing my Ghost, so they really know how to compensate for all your boat features and appurtenances. I couldn't be more happy with their workmanship and service.
    ciao,
    Marc

9. Member
    Deans Top and Canvas makes custom covers and mades them for some boat companies. The one that came with my legend is top notch

Nothing will fit as good as a custom cover made to fit your rig like a glove by a local canvas shop. Sunbrella material is what I would recommend.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Agree with Jeff on this one. My previous Cats had the BCB cover made for them by Aurora. They were excellent strapless covers. On my current rig, my dealer suggested sending the boat to his custom canvas shop to make me one before delivery, also strapless. The fit is definitely much better. I think that if a good shop has the boat there when making it that the fit will be better.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    I think that if a good shop has the boat there when making it that the fit will be better.
    This why I will take mine to Aurora for the adjustments needed , even though it is a long haul.. It will give me a chance to fish Bull Shoals and Table Rock along with visiting a few relatives.
    GETFISHED !!!

13. Member
    Aurora Canvas. I had a 97 Procraft and the fit on my boat was awesome. I had a local canvas shop make the first cover it had and Aurora did just as good as the local canvas shop.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s