Can't Find Marine Grade Plywood.

I am recarpeting my G3 boat and replacing the plywood on the deck. Where do people purchase Marine Grade Plywood? Lowes and Home Depot do not have it in stock, anyone have an idea of another place I could find some?

Thanks in advance

2. Member
    You need to find a local lumber yard, not a big box store. Or check with a local marina or boat yard.

3. Member
    Our Menard's carries it FYI. Maybe call your local one.

4. Member
    I put a new flood in my 17' tin bass boat and used Composite Panel Coosa Bluewater 26. It was about $300 to do it. Easy to work with, light and strong and it won't rot!

5. Member
    Anything specialty like that, I go to a panel supplier. If they won't sell directly to you, try a full service lumberyard. Atlantic Plywood is over your way, and probably where the product will come from.

6. Member
    Thanks for all of the insight everyone. Really appreciate it!

I work in the building supply industry. Look for a product called BB Plyform. It's a plywood that has the same glue as Marine grade plywood. It's used in the construction industry for concrete forms. It will have a few small voids in the layers but it doesn't hurt it at all. I've used it a few times with great results. It is half price what Marine grade costs.

Quote Originally Posted by csp13 View Post
    I am recarpeting my G3 boat and replacing the plywood on the deck. Where do people purchase Marine Grade Plywood? Lowes and Home Depot do not have it in stock, anyone have an idea of another place I could find some?

Thanks in advance
    Not sure if you have found any marine grade plywood yet or not. If you are just using it for floors and have adequate support underneath then you probably do not need marine grade ply. Marine grade ply is only different in the fact that there are NO VOIDS in the layers. Thus making it stronger. The glues are the same as exterior grade plywood. It will rot the same as regular ply. It must be coated with something to protect it as will regular ply if you use that.(layer of fiberglass resin ...)

9. Member
    I like to cover plywood with glass and resin. It give a better surface for the glue to bond to. And it will protect the wood.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR