Can't Find Marine Grade Plywood.

I am recarpeting my G3 boat and replacing the plywood on the deck. Where do people purchase Marine Grade Plywood? Lowes and Home Depot do not have it in stock, anyone have an idea of another place I could find some?

Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Call an actual lumber yard. My suggestion is checking with Mathews and Fields. They have a huge selection.

Otherwise, I would just go with top grade cabinet quality plywood and put some fiberglass resin over the top of it.
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

3. Member
    A good treated quality plywood will last many years. I wouldn't worry about getting marine grade. With the price of lumber these days you could buy a new boat.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    A good treated quality plywood will last many years. I wouldn't worry about getting marine grade. With the price of lumber these days you could buy a new boat.
    Pressure treated wood these days reacts very bad with aluminum.

I sold all that stuff for years and treated lumber is the last thing you want. Marine grade is good and each layer is supposed to be void of voids, especially on the edges. It's made with Fir. You can do well with AC Fir plywood if you seal it up real well with epoxies and resins. Marine Plywood is AB Fir, nothing else different other than what I already stated. Look on the WWW for what ABX, ACX, etc means when talking plywood. Depending on the brand, some have more layers than others which more makes it stronger.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    I see you are in Rochester. Check with Pittsford Lumber in Shoen Place.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    I see you are in Rochester. Check with Pittsford Lumber in Shoen Place.
    Good place, and they will special order. However, no returns on special orders. I got white oak from them for my son's 14' aluminium boat transom.
    50 State St, Pittsford, NY 14534
    (585) 586-1877

8. Member
    Glad it worked out.