Ghost Steering Noise

I remember discussion of this last Summer and tried to search for those threads with no luck, so I apologize for having to start all over.

My ghost was whisper quiet until unsuccessfully trying to negotiate my way out of deep timber at Lake Fork. After that it makes a loud scrunching noise when the shaft turns to steer. I can deal with it, but it seems to drive away the fish. Might be my imagination, but it seems that way.

In my mining the internet for answers I read that there is a different seal on the direction indicator that can solve this. If so, or if something there needs lubrication, does anyone know how it comes apart? Do you pry out the indicator or is there some other way to get it apart?

Thanks for sharing any experience or knowledge you might have.

Except for this, I love the Ghost. I have some shoreline routes for it to follow when they come up to the shore in a month or two. I hope to have this sorted out by then.
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

2. Banned
    The directional arrow is just sitting there, held by magnets. A screw driver under it will pop it off, but that’s not your problem. Try a pedal calibration, sounds like it’s a bit off.

Thanks Scout!

I remember that I did a few calibrations when I installed it, but I dont remember a pedal calibration. Is it outlined in the installation manual?

Thanks again!
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

4. Member
    ciao,
    Marc

Thanks Marc! I will give it a go.
    Ranger R81