Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatSC View Post
    Spartanburg County is just as bad.
    You are right about Spartanburg County . Auditor's Office told me a few years back that as long as it was worth $500 , that I would get tax bill for it . Just got bill for 1999 Johnson 90 that is on pontoon at Greenwood for $21.98 . No bill for boat yet . It's a 1998 model which was purchased at same time as the motor . Also , got bill for 2019 Ranger 198P for $449 but no bill for motor , Mercury 150, which was also purchased at same time as the Ranger . I have no idea why but not going to ask either .

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BWQK View Post
    In some counties they are charging/assessing tax for the hull using the package price for boat and motor,...…….and then sending another notice for just the motor. Yo have to prove it to them with a bill of sale and then they reduce the tax on boat by eliminating the motor assessment from the boat notice..

Sounds like what they were doing to you.
    You are correct . They tried this on me several years back . A friend of mine , who is a marine dealer, told me about it and I had to get it corrected . No idea how many just pay and don't look at the bills .

Last new boat I had was a 2015 Skeeter 225ZX . Got tax bill for it and they had it appraised at over $20k more than I paid for it . Got that fixed with copy of bill of sale and corrected bill was still $1500.00 . Laurens County is 1/2 price of Spartanburg County .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12