Autoloader/rooftop loading

http://www.4boysmfg.com/product/loaders/

https://boatloader.com/

Anyone ever use something similar to the above links?

Reason for asking - we're contemplating a travel trailer,, unless we get a slide in camper (which would mean upgrading the tow vehicle, and not happening), I'm contemplating this route.
    I understand, it means a smaller boat, selling my current boat, and that's fine. As long as I can still fish.
    Experiences? Pros/cons?
    Would you get a cab over ladder rack? Or a standard one? Boat length will be 8-12'.
    Tow vehicle is a Nissan Frontier, 5' bed.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    You may want to add up your weights and check your door pillar sticker. A Frontier is pretty light in the payload. Just guessing, but if you go 6000lb trailer, you’ll be 600lb tongue weight, another 100lb for the hitch plus passenger and gear weight, you may already be close to your payload limit. Adding a boat, a rack and the gear that goes with the boat like batteries and motors could put you well overweight.

Many people who RV and fish have the same struggle. Some double-tow, but that isn’t easy and requires a 5th wheel to be legal most places. Some get a Class A or C and tow the boat, but at many places that requires using the RV to launch and load so you have to break camp twice every time you fish. Even a truck camper is less than convenient when it comes to launching the boat.

Many people fret over it trying to find an easy solution, and often end up taking two vehicles to haul the RV and boat.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

I made one like that before to carry a Bass Hunter on top of a car. Worked very well. Also used it to haul a 14' Jon boat.
    Made a post to fit the trailer hitch tongue, sliding / swivel clamp, and used a U-bolt clamp to hold the height. Set the stern in the clamp. Tighten the clamp, lifted the nose of the boat and walked it around the slid it onto the car top rail. tied the boat down. Easy Pleasy
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

4. Member
    Catfan - Having two tow vehicles isn't happening either.
    The payload is 900-1000#'s, so yes, getting close.
    Mechanic bob - interesting idea.

5. Member
    I have same problem. Kayaks was my answer. I can get 3 kayaks in truck bed and still tow trailer. At 65 still kayak .

6. Member
    I'm thinking that frontier will be maxed out with just about any travel trailer options, mainly because of payload. You gotta factor in people weight and extra stuff loading into the truck as well.
    But my first thought was a kayak as well. They make them with trolling motors built in, some even take a 10hp outboard.

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    Catfan - Having two tow vehicles isn't happening either.
    The payload is 900-1000#'s, so yes, getting close.
    Mechanic bob - interesting idea.
    If your payload is less than 1000lbs you aren’t going to be close, you will be way over.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

8. Member
    Thanks for the replies !