Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dual Pro Charger & AGM

How many of you have had issues with the newer say 2019 and newer Dual Pro Chargers charging the 31 AGM battery to full charge for the Mercury 250 4S ? Sounds like the charger is supposed to do the job by what Dual Pro says, but is not getting the job done correctly.

2. Member
    I have two older dual pro chargers that have been charging my 4 AGM batteries for almost 7 years. Zero issues.

Have you called Dual Pro? They have some of the best support in the business.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

Quote Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    How many of you have had issues with the newer say 2019 and newer Dual Pro Chargers charging the 31 AGM battery to full charge for the Mercury 250 4S ? Sounds like the charger is supposed to do the job by what Dual Pro says, but is not getting the job done correctly.
    What is not correct? Dual Pro is one of the best on the market. Also great customer service.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    What is not correct is, the bank dedicated to the AGM will not get it to full charge. Unhook the AGM take it in to the vendor immediately and it is not at full charge. Vendor has to charge it the rest of the way overnight just to load test it. Then load test good. Re install in boat and go out only to have 1 1/2 year old 31 AGM not start motor after 2 hours, have to jump it. Been through this two times now with two different Interstate dealers, same conclusion the battery is good charges to and holds 13.64 volts.
    Has to be others having the same issue with these chargers. I’ve had Dual Pro chargers since 2004 in three different boats and always worked great until now with this AGM. May have to get with Dual Pro if battery checks out again for third time. Going to check with boat manufacturer first as it is still under full warranty being a 2019.

5. Member
    Got a new 4 bank last year. No problems so far.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

6. Member
    Dual pro makes an excellent charger. Before selling my last boat, the 31 series agm batteries were 8 years old and still strong. I fish at least 4 times a week. They were charged with a Dual Pro 4 banker.

Might try a different battery and see if it charges. If the batttery was fully charged and you only got a few hours out if it you have a Bad battery. You could also have a parasitic draw going on.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Member
    I would call dual pro, I had a problem with one, and they sent me a new one, had it in 3 days their service is excellent

9. Member
    The motor for sure has a parasitic draw. My DP three bank has charged my AGM batteries for a couple years. I go out and plug in about every two weeks when it's not on the water for an extended period. The starting battery always takes longer go go green. I throw the main switches every time I come off the water. The only thing on the rig with power is the motor.

10. Member
    I called Dual Pro a few weeks ago and asked if my charger was OK for AGM. The guy told me every charger they have ever made is OK for them.

Dual Pro-The best in the business. I have a new one and it works great!!

12. Member
    Have you done a bank swap on the charger to see if another bank will bring it to full charge? That will often tell if it’s a battery or charger issue.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

13. Member
    What charger you using a sportsman 10 amp or professional 15 amp?
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

14. Member
    The pro series 4 bank 15 amp.
    Interstate testing battery over the weekend. If battery test good again onto charger testing.

15. Member
    Get a MK, problem solved!

16. Member
    You said it yourself,, You put a fully charged battery in your boat,1/2hr. later have to jump start boat...It ain't the charger !!!

17. Member
    It may be the charger if it won’t fully charge the AGM. Interstate has to top it off every time it goes in even though Dual Pro charger shows non blinking green light. Should know battery status today.

18. Member
    It’s the battery.

19. Member
    Could be either but it’s almost always the battery even if it’s newer. Like someone mentioned above try a different bank.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    You said it yourself,, You put a fully charged battery in your boat,1/2hr. later have to jump start boat...It ain't the charger !!!

It may be the charger if it won’t fully charge the AGM. Interstate has to top it off every time it goes in even though Dual Pro charger shows non blinking green light. Should know battery status today.

You said you are putting a FULLY charged battery in your boat,, One that Interstate fully charged for you,,,,,It's dead in an hour and a half,,,The charger ain't your problem,,Bad battery or something is sucking the hell out of it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast