New update/zip file??

My question is when the latest update came out somebody mentioned something about zip files. I don’t have a computer. I do everything via Active Captain and iPhone with a dedicated sd card I leave in my unit. I downloaded the update to my iPhone successfully then that evening turned all my electronics on and downloaded the update successfully.
    So my question is if the zip files weren’t recognized would there be an error or would it just download/upload what it read in the update and be successful? Hope that’s not to confusing. Thanks for any help.

I don't believe you have zip files using the ac app, only when you download from the Garmin site.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

3. Member
    Yes. And ordinarily it's not a zip file. It's an .exe file that you run and it unpacks itself and transfers it to the sd card. This time the directions were different. I did this to keep of copy of the update, but IMO updating with Active Captain is easier and not as complicated.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlefire View Post
    I don't believe you have zip files using the ac app, only when you download from the Garmin site.
    Thank you sir

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Yes. And ordinarily it's not a zip file. It's an .exe file that you run and it unpacks itself and transfers it to the sd card. This time the directions were different. I did this to keep of copy of the update, but IMO updating with Active Captain is easier and not as complicated.
    Thank you for confirming