189trx water pressure gauge

Has anyone had a water pressure gauge put on their 189trx? If so where did you put it? I don’t mind doing away with the speedometer but I need the trim and gas gauges.

2. Member
    Mine is a smaller gauge right below the speedometer , on my 18 TRX.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Member
    I found some pictures of an 18trx and it seams to have multifunctional gauges. I guess I’ll would have to c/o 2 gauges.

4. Member
    You are correct. To the right of steering wheel is a combo RPM ( tach) with a small fuel gauge at bottom of same gauge. A separate small trim gauge is just below it.

On the left side of steering wheel is another large combo gauge with a speedometer on top and a volt meter at bottom of same gauge. Just below is a separate small water pressure gauge.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

5. Member
    I put the Faria analog water pressure gauge on the right panel near the switch. I also installed an hour meter gauge there as well.

6. Member
    If your 189TRX has a 150 ProXS, you can buy a digital sender for your motor and then can use vessel view mobile to see your water pressure. It might be part number 8M0059531 (it was for mine). I wanted to make sure my pressure was good after adding a jack plate.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayak View Post
    If your 189TRX has a 150 ProXS, you can buy a digital sender for your motor and then can use vessel view mobile to see your water pressure. It might be part number 8M0059531 (it was for mine). I wanted to make sure my pressure was good after adding a jack plate.
    Don't have a Triton but will be in the same family. Can you explain a little further how the water pressure sensor works with the VV Mobile? How is the connection made so you see the wp reading on your phone? I googled the part # and all I can see is the part itself, not how it is connected or works with the VV Mobile.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

8. Member
    You download the VVM app and read the info from the VVM module via Bluetooth on your Smartphone.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    You download the VVM app and read the info from the VVM module via Bluetooth on your Smartphone.
    I've got the app already downloaded to my iPhone 12. Can't do anything with it until I have an engine but I did read up on the VVM and watch a few videos so I have an idea how it works. My understanding is it did not do water pressure so my question about the wp sensor should have be more clear. Do you just hook it up along with the VVM and then the wp reading will be part of the info I see on my phone? I was wondering if there was anything that had to be done to make the wp info work besides just installing the sensor and the VVM. I'm trying not to seem like a dummy as I have owned a number of boats thru the past 40 years, including 2 Triton's, but not sure I'm being successful.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

10. Member
    My 189trx has a 175 4 stroke. I have mercury VesselView but every time I start the motor it disconnects.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    I've got the app already downloaded to my iPhone 12. Can't do anything with it until I have an engine but I did read up on the VVM and watch a few videos so I have an idea how it works. My understanding is it did not do water pressure so my question about the wp sensor should have be more clear. Do you just hook it up along with the VVM and then the wp reading will be part of the info I see on my phone? I was wondering if there was anything that had to be done to make the wp info work besides just installing the sensor and the VVM. I'm trying not to seem like a dummy as I have owned a number of boats thru the past 40 years, including 2 Triton's, but not sure I'm being successful.
    I have the VVM on my 2018 150 opti pro xs. It absolutely has a WP reading along with a discharge water temp. It isn't on the home screen but it is one of the options for the custom screens. Only bad thing is when you shut off the motor then it loses connection so it takes a minute to reconnect after starting the motor again.

12. Member
    Mine will connect with the key on but disconnects when I start the motor.

mine connects on key turn for VVM. Love it! I can see just about everything but trim control. Great tool!
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah