what year did Bass Cat start making wider front decks ?

All the ones i've seen still seem to have that narrow arrow head deck... what are the years/models/series if i'm looking for a wide deck Bass Cat used in good condition ?

2. Member
    The 2013 and up Margay has a wide front deck. It is their shortest variety of the bunch at 17 and change. The Caracal was the next wide body and I think that was 2015 ish, a BIG 19 and change with a 225. The Jag has always been a big boat, I think 2012 was one of the model year changes, then refreshed again two years ago. The Pantera Classic was released in 2018 and that is a 19 and change with a 200 rating, not one of their premium models but a really great layout and on my short list. The Lynx was also a 2018 release and that is the boat that Ken Smith just tested down on Sam Rayburn. I got to ride in the prototype boat on Mille Lacs with Ivan Williams and it was an absolute dream of a boat. It handled big water amazingly well.

All of those boats run a wide front deck. The Sabre(175), Pantera II(200), Eyra(250), Cougar(250), and Puma(250) are the boats with the narrow front end. With that they have a little more speed and a little sportier drive.

Great info, TDobb!

Quick follow up (hopefully this isn't hijacking): Do any of the older Panteras have a wide front deck? It seems like the Pantera IV was a wider variation when it was available (I think through 2012?)?
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. Member
    I have a 2013 P4, I think at the time it was the widest deck at 94.5 in. The Jag, Puma, and Cougar had 94 in. decks. The front trolling motor position makes all the Basscat decks seem bigger with more usable room.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tallman View Post
    All the ones i've seen still seem to have that narrow arrow head deck... what are the years/models/series if i'm looking for a wide deck Bass Cat used in good condition ?
    In 2015, I believe is when they came up with the widest front deck boat, the Caracal with a 96" beam. I have one, its massive. I cant say enough good about them. I have a buddy that has a 2015 he's selling cheap.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor