Mega 360 and Lowrance active imaging

OK this is a two part question first question is which is a better unit that heilex or the Solex I’m looking to buy a 12 inch with a mega 360 and can I still mount the mega 360 to my ultrex motor and have my active imaging transducer mounted to the shaft. will this is cause any problems any interference

2. Member
    i'm installing the same setup. installed the 360 couple days ago and am wondering do i need to move it higher than an inch from trolling motor prop so it doesnt get in the way of the active target transducer. i've tried to find some pics of livescope/360 setup but havent seen any.

The MEGA 360 just has to be submerged to work. The 1" distance between the pod and motor prop is the minimum distance.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The MEGA 360 just has to be submerged to work. The 1" distance between the pod and motor prop is the minimum distance.
    +1 I have a LS transducer 6-7" above the motor housing and 360 a few inches above that. Just make sure to set the shaft collar so that the motor can't go high enough to allow the AT transducer to hit the 360 pod.
    Fish have fins, they swim

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lobsterman0476 View Post
    OK this is a two part question first question is which is a better unit that heilex or the Solex I’m looking to buy a 12 inch with a mega 360 and can I still mount the mega 360 to my ultrex motor and have my active imaging transducer mounted to the shaft. will this is cause any problems any interference
    I found no interference

6. Member
    Thank you everyone. I decided to go with the helix 12 seeing I’m only going to use it for the mega 360. I ordered the duel mount from bass boat technology. Now I’m just waiting for everything to come in.

7. Member
    moved by 360 up some the other day and only thing need to watch out for is make sure that it doesnt get in the way of the ultrex head.

Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster27012 View Post
    moved by 360 up some the other day and only thing need to watch out for is make sure that it doesnt get in the way of the ultrex head.
    Ott Defoe cuts 9" off the 360 shaft so he can have the motor as deep as possible in big water, shallow as possible in shallow water with the 360 pod just submerged.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL